The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

my legs are misaligned

been causing a lot of problems, running stresses it too much

and recent flare ups have forced me to pull out of some fights I have coming up, pain all the time, can I ever go heavy on squats?

I truely doubt it, as even now I get some pains squating BW.
    Funny thing is, my legs are pretty muscular.

For leg work should I stay with leg curls and extensions?

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

what do you mean by "misaligned"? One slightly longer than the other? They turn out? You step funny? I suggest you try orthotics. It's amazing what a special shoe designed for you can do to improve your biomechanics.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Indeed. Orthodics worked wonders for me.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

ah! i had forgotten about that option

"They turn out?"
    That would be closest.....they aren't straight

Kinda like this!
    /
    |

I have the same problem. Orthotics helped tremendously. They don't fix everything but they help a lot.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

chiropractor might help to.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Wannabebig Member
    don't run on pavement, try to find a track or a grass field.

I also have this problem.

When I was a kid I always complained that my feet hurt, my mum eventually sent me to a chiropodist and he gave me some soles. I never complained since then. I grew out of them and stopped using them at the age of 14-15. A few months ago I started noticing a popping feeling in my knee whenever I bent it (I have to clasp the knee with my hand in order to feel it). According to a physio it was the soft tissues rubbing against each other since my legs were "mis aligned".

I went to a chiropodist and he advised some more soles, and this time told me one of my legs was shorter than the other. I'm not sure which problem I have - mabye I have both. It's been around 3-4 months with the soles in and I have not noticed any improvement - the clicking is still there.

The soles are based on a general design and he added some material at the heel and front of the sole to fit for my particular feet. It all seemed quite rough. He took no measurements and based everything on what he saw (he only examined me for a minute or so).

I do not feel comforatable squatting, and perform the leg press. I would very much like to squat but wish to get my legs sorted first.

I think I may visit the chiropodist again.
    Last edited by Exnor; 04-30-2004 at 02:40 AM.

thanks for the feedback, i'll plan to see one soon

Wannabebig Member
    hmmm...My right leg/hip has more external rotation...kinda points my foot to the right all the time...can really see it when walking in snow. That hip also has a problem now...the hip doc said its normal for some people to have more external rotation. No idea how my hip got messed up...I wonder if the doc was just trying to get me to have surgery and not fix/help the problem.

surgery on the hip?

my doctor advised against surgery

Wannabebig Member
    nah, my hip was compared to a 70 year olds...its arthritic and has lost range of motion, also developed a leak....anyways I was given 10 years until I need a new hip...been 3 years, was lazy and just starting my exercises again that hopefully will prolong it. I"m only 28