Thread: what can happen with bad form in squat?

what can happen with bad form in squat?

i have a question. sometimes when i do heavy weights (like 350-400lbs) on back squat, i bend a little out of form. i still get to parallel, and my form on the way down is picture perfect. but sometimes when i come up (usually on the last 2-3 reps) i bend over at the waist a little bit. i keep my back nice and tight even in this position, but i dont know if its too late at that point? also, i try to keep my chest up but i sometimes just cant keep straight up. my legs can always get the bar up, besides the occaisional knee going inwards for a second or two, its never my leg strength thats in question. i think that maybe my back is just too weak?

so am i at particular risk for hurting my back, and in what way? sometimes my back is sore for up to 4 days after squat. is this normal or way too bad? btw i wear a belt.

thanks for helping a relative noob.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Work on your weakness. Goodmornings, RDL, SLDL, Back extentsions, reverse hypers. Good lower back and spinal erector strength is always good. Also, ab work will help some. Weighted ab work.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

:withstupi
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Oh, and dump the belt. You are weakening your core by using a belt. You will probably have to use a lighter weight, since using a belt can let you lift heavier.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

:withstupi x 2

Actually, I find I can sometimes lift more without the belt, but I wear it for heavier lifts to help me concentrate on keeping a tight core.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

well i go beltless for all sets up to 300 pounds. after that i wear one. thats not too bad is it? and frankly squatting 400+ pounds w/o a belt when i only weigh like 220 is just asking for it imo.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal