The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Rise of the Dead Kicked Ass!

I have to say that the Monster Muscle Rise of the Dead was the most awesome display of strength I have ever seen!

The lineup was outstanding. I did not take notes and several of the names will escape me, but here is just a partial list (please note I am not being exact here, going by memory).

@123 lbs: A young man of 20 years old by the name of Hawthorne. He blew everyone away by pulling ~550 lbs. He may a try in the 580s and barely missed it. This man was simply amazing!

@144 lbs: Another young man whose name completely escapes me pulled an AMAZING 633 lbs! This guy is also 20 years old and quite simply a FREAK!

@165 lbs: Tony "The Annointed Warrior" Conyers pulled over 700 lbs. I met this man and I must say he is just a great man.

@244 lbs: Johnny Jackson. Nothing can be said here but SUPERFREAK!!!! The man pulled an easy 805 lbs. He was good for more. According to Johnny he is dieting down for a bodybuilding show! To me, Johnny is what all bodybuilders should aspire to be, a blend of both form AND function. Johnny is as strong as he looks!

@298 lbs: Jon Grove, one of AtLarge's own. Jon decided to do this meet at the last minute. He had torn his hand deadlifting a few weeks ago, but thought it was sufficiently healed. Jon pulled an easy ~720 lbs and then proceeded to miss his next two attempts as his hand just turn to raw meat. You can see in the accompanying photo the blood all over him.

@330 lbs: A new face for the AtLarge roster, James "Pit Bull" Searcy. James is a true mountain of a man and his pull in the 760s was good enough to get him in the money at this top level meet. Look for big things from this man in the near future! I have included a photo of big James below.

Andy Bolton, the all-time biggest pull owner (932 lbs) was there as well. Andy was a bit off this day. He pulled a very easy 880 lbs and then went for a new record with 944 lbs (in that area, I might be off a pound or two). He stalled off of the floor and called it a day.

Beau Moore was also there, but he too had a tough day.

There were many, many others, too many for me to remember.

This meet just kicked ass! It started at ~5:45 P.M. and was the beneficiary of an early crowd for the evening IFBB bodybuilding show. This helped to make for a very nice sized crowd. The music was LOUD and the crowd was PUMPED! Great stuff!
    Attached Images Attached Images

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I love how you say an easy 800 lbs lol
    Name: Addison , Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 173 lbs, Location: Toronto
    Bodyfat: 8.4%, Age: 18

Bench: 205lb x 2
    Squat: 275lb x 4
    Deadlift: 305lb x 1
    Chins: 20 pronated, 5 w/ 50lb db

As of 5/03/2005

My Pic Thread

Senior of Kinesiology
    Nice write up Chris, sounds like an awesome meet!
    Meet PR: 290lb bench press, 505lb dead lift @ 190lbs

Current Training: Yoga and Weightlifting

5'11'', Male, 175lbs, age 22

what about garry frank?
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

He was injured

I wannabebig!

one day

Unfortunately, Mr. Frank was unable to make it. It would have been nice, but the lineup more than made up for it.

I also attended the IFBB men's bodybuilding show (both pre-judging and night shows). I will talk about that on the bodybuilding forum.

In the end, for me, the powerlifting meets were much better to watch.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

impressive , 123 pulling 550

Its nice to see guys like Jackson and Coleman, who have strength to match up with the best in the PL world.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bill
    impressive , 123 pulling 550
    damn, no doubt.

This gives me hope.

Any pics of this?

Johnny is one of my favourites. He has a kick azz physique and the strength to match it.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo