Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plateau, time for routine change, suggestions?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBuilder
    Hmmm, okay you know what...you are wrong. Yes, I'm giving you this "NO" business. There is no way one routine will work for everyone. As you can see by participating in this forum, everyone has had success off of different routines. Everyone grows differently and not everyone will respond to the same routines. My body doesn't respond to hitting the muscle only once per week. I do better with high frequency, low volume routines.

Also, "The part about not geting bigger and not getting stronger have nothing to do with each other. I get stronger and maintain my weight." Yes, with the 5x5 if you aren''t getting stronger you aren't getting bigger most of the time. The 5-7 rep range is used for both strength and induces hypertrophy at the same time. So, if you aren't getting stronger than you aren't making progress are you? If you aren't getting stronger with the 5-7 range, and aren't making progress then you obviously aren't getting bigger then now are you? Yes.

P.S: Congrats on being the first trainer ever to find a universal routine that WILL work for EVERYONE! I think you should get the Nobel Prize.

Yes, people will get mediocre results from various training programs.

When you base a program off of many different variables including age, weight, BF%, years of training, type of training, best 1RM's throughout their training, current 1RM's, it tends to personalize things a bit. Of course, you probably wouldn't take these things into consideration.

This is my last post on this thread, as I have to update many training programs for my clients who actually pay money.

To doctorcod,

I can't blame you for not taking my advice. So many people give bad advice, it's hard to know who's right. That's the problem with these message boards. Most guy's don't know what they're talking about. They just quote something out of a book and think they are a strength trainer.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by DontGiveUp
    Yes, people will get mediocre results from various training programs.

When you base a program off of many different variables including age, weight, BF%, years of training, type of training, best 1RM's throughout their training, current 1RM's, it tends to personalize things a bit. Of course, you probably wouldn't take these things into consideration.

This is my last post on this thread, as I have to update many training programs for my clients who actually pay money.

To doctorcod,

I can't blame you for not taking my advice. So many people give bad advice, it's hard to know who's right. That's the problem with these message boards. Most guy's don't know what they're talking about. They just quote something out of a book and think they are a strength trainer.

Go figure.
    Its no bash to you sir, it is just that the WBB1 routine is very simple, and i just tried it today and have become comfortable with it. Perhaps in the future when i need a routine change i will refer myself to this post. And i definately appreciate your input in this thread.
    Age - 20
    Height - 6'2"
    Weight - 175 (starting weight 140)
    Squat - 275 x 8
    Deadlift - 225 x 8
    Bench - 135 x 8

Quote Originally Posted by doctorcod
    Its no bash to you sir, it is just that the WBB1 routine is very simple, and i just tried it today and have become comfortable with it. Perhaps in the future when i need a routine change i will refer myself to this post. And i definately appreciate your input in this thread.

Personally, I don't like the regular WBB routines as they are. I am a believer in high-frequency, low volume workouts for mass building. So, I eliminated a rest day back when I used WBB3 and had some results. I do like the workout DontGiveUp posted. It looks good, but there is only one way to know if it will work for you (by you lifting on it). Trying a routine out is the only way to tell if it is right for you. There is no one routine that will work for everyone. Diversity is abundant when it comes to resistance training. I did not mean to bring anyone down. I DO take into account different variables such as: BFP, gender, various training goals, height, weight, ect. This is why I stated "there is no universal workout", because this is true, there isn't. Hard gainers usually have good success off of the WBB routines because they provide WAY more than enough recovery time, and because of the relatively low volume.
    Last edited by NaturalBuilder; 05-09-2004 at 10:34 PM.