The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Man of Troy

Looking for routine help

Hi guys, I am looking to create a new routine for next year. I have a schollarship offer to play D3 college ball next fall and I want to turn up in peak condition. I am looking to create a summer workout plan to help get increased playing strength and also maybe improve my speed and quickness. My biggest weakness is my arms. I play weakside LB if that helps.

Thanks

Ed

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

congrats on the scholarship.
    you've come to the right place for help with your routine!

I assume your not new to lifting though?
    Hows your diet? what kinda supps do you take? any prohormones are anything less legal?
    How many days per week are you looking to lift for?

Man of Troy
    I take 100% whey protein. I used to take creatine, but I didn't think it did a lot for the long term.

I eat mainly proteins although I have enough fats and carbs. I tend to eat a lot of meat, fish and veg. I also eat a lot of eggs, usually for breakfast before I work out.

I am not new to weight training. I have been training seriously for around nine months now, but I haven't had as much success as i'd like. I train around 3-4 times a week at the moment. In the summer i'll be at home more so i'll have have time to train every day if it's neccesary.

Man of Troy
    Up

Take a look at the Bigger Faster Stronger Routine. I forgot where to look for it. But it emphasis is based upon low reps, high intensity. My buddy who just got drafted by the Titans told me that its a good program especially for HS/College ball. Once you get into the program, theyll have trainers for you.

My .02
    High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.

Man of Troy
    Who's your buddy? I'm a Titans fan

Man of Troy
    BTW thanks for the routine tip. I just found it on Google. I'll go some reading and see if it's what i'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by HighExpectation
    Take a look at the Bigger Faster Stronger Routine. I forgot where to look for it. But it emphasis is based upon low reps, high intensity. My buddy who just got drafted by the Titans told me that its a good program especially for HS/College ball. Once you get into the program, theyll have trainers for you.

My .02
    BFS is by far the biggest shame of a program there is out there. It creates big time muscular imbalances and makes you much less athletic, your linear speed will go up from this sort of training, but it eventually has diminishing returns (i.e. injuries, decreased flexibility, and loss of body balance). A good program for you is from a book called "Complete Conditioning for Football". Just take this book, read it, and train by its principles and you'll be well on your way, because it accounts for all aspects of athleticism. Good luck.

Man of Troy
    Thanks alot SalahG

Footballer
    I'm not sure about where you live, but I'm pretty sure you could look into finding a football specific trainer. I'm involved in a program where I live and it has done wonders. My 40 time has decreased about .6 seconds or more, my lifts have gone up. everything is positive, we do lifting aswell as running it's done in all different phases.
    Calgary Stampeder!
    Formerly a CMU Chippewa!