Thread: Can I get some sound advice on my Diet Routine???

Wannabebig New Member
    Hey guys.........I'm new to the forum. Anyways........I need some advice. I'm currently trying to lose much weight and BF. I'm 21.....6'0 and about 235. I'm not immensely fat, but I do have fat and it shows. I just started a crazy workout routine.....I lift 4 days a week....2 days on 1 day off....etc. My eating routine for the last 2 weeks has been....as a follows...... morning......8 egg whites (fried with PAM)...... 2.5 to 3 hrs later......1 Cytoplex shake......... 3 hrs later.....1 can of tuna and 5 crackers.....3 hrs later another cytoplex shake......3hrs later......1 can of tuna and a cup of rice ( brown ) sometimes I substitute the tuna for a chicken breast......Also....I'm taking Xenadrine as a thermogenic. Will this routine help me with the weight loss? Any advice is greatly appreciated

I would suggest, that you add in some additional fats, it appears to low in my opinion.

Secondly- I would pull that rice out of your late meal and put it earlier in the day.

Third- To many shakes in my opinion. However we all know I do not like shake for fat loss programs. I like well balanced clean food.

Hope this gives you some ideas.
    MissAbs
    Dieting is a Sport-Eat to Win!

www.MissAbs.com

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    I wouldnt really use a thermogenic if I were you, unless you are competing.

The reason for this is simple: when you stop taking it, you will gain the fat back, so its not worth it.

Not true TrippleP- would like to know where you got that information to scare the heck out of people....

Thermos are fine, if use sensibly and combined with a proper diet and exercise program.
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

Wannabebig New Member
    Miss Abs, when you say fats.........should I throw in some EFA's such as Natural PB, Flax......etc........what would you recommend? Also, why don't you like the MRP'S??

I wouldn't throw anything into a diet if it where my body, they need to be calculated accurately.

But yes, if you where going to toss some in there, your choices are good.

I do like MRP's however, just not for fat loss, I have found that the fat loss comes faster in most cases when real food is used.
    Just my opinion from experience.

MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

Wannabebig New Member
    Miss Abs...... what should the EFA intake be like? Also, as far as cardio is concerned.....I try to run at least a mile and a half after each workout.....not too strenous.....what type of cardio activity would you recommend for someone trying to lose weight and bf, while maintaining muscle mass??

Originally posted by MissAbs
    Not true TrippleP- would like to know where you got that information to scare the heck out of people....

Thermos are fine, if use sensibly and combined with a proper diet and exercise program.
    Yeah, you say they are fine because you're in the supplement business. Why waste your money on them, anyways? What's the big hurry.

I didnt mean to scare you, Miss Abs, but I get my information from the magazines (now thats scary!!).

Wannabebig Member
    She is against MRPs, so you can't say she is promoting all supplements.

Originally posted by TripleP

Yeah, you say they are fine because you're in the supplement business. Why waste your money on them, anyways? What's the big hurry.

I didnt mean to scare you, Miss Abs, but I get my information from the magazines (now thats scary!!).

Triple P correct, ecas are not long term solutions. although taking them before cardio is very effective. through tiral and error, unless you compete, the best way to get/stay lean is morning cardio.
    "The harder you train, the harder it is to give up" ~Vince Lombardi~

I am NOT in the supplement business at all, yet again your information is in correct.... I am in the coaching business!

I never said they where a long term solution.
    This is what I said..

"Thermos are fine, if use sensibly and combined with a proper diet and exercise program"

Shaking my head.
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

Wannabebig Member
    The best way to stay lean is modifying your diet and lifting weights. Lifting weights commands your body to maintain or build new muscle to counter the next trauma (trauma = resistance work done by the muscle resulting in microscopic tear).

Why not cardio to lose fat? Because they are inefficient for that purpose. The calories you burn by doing cardio can also be burnt by eating lesser. Running/jogging/walking 1 mile burns only 100-150calories, even after accounting for the metabolic enhancement. If you do lot more cardio to burn fat quicker, you end up losing muscle.

http://www.superslow.com/why_not_aerobics.html

the best way to get/stay lean is morning cardio.
    [/B]

"Thermos are fine, if use sensibly and combined with a proper diet and exercise program"

Alright, I know that you're the expert and get payed big bucks, but if you have a proper diet and exercise program you dont need thermos!!!

That reminds me of this commercial on the radio about a product called body solutions, they say to take a tea spoon of it right before bed, and not to eat 3 hours before bed. Hmmmmmmmm

Shaking my head
    Last edited by David; 02-17-2001 at 02:09 PM.

PPP, you said that with thermos you loose weight and then put it straight back on again. U-uh, only if you go out and eat every calorie you see(exageration).

This is why Missabs is shaking her head.

Kato is right also, thermos are not long term solutions.

Thermos help with fat loss. If you keep your diet clean and not highly caloific then you will most likely not put much or any fat back on.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Yet again you are wrong.......

I do not make big bucks, I am a single Mother, who gives more of my time and knowledge away, than I charge for..... I have more comp clients, than I should allocate time for... spend daily time with people when it is suppose to be weekly, and contribute where I can to help those that want to learn.. And work 2 jobs to support myself.....

It is this ****, that I cannot stand on boards......

Looking for my walking papers, where are those dam things......
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

But i still love ya Miss Abs
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Yet again you are wrong.......
    Was this directed at me? I was trying to assist you. I think, no, infact i know you are right...

No, no... not at you at all, I appreciate your defence and love.... really.......

You are cool.... it is just this crap in general that get my hair standing on end..
    MissAbs

www.MissAbs.com

oh ok

I was just checking.

Thank you for the very heartfilled response. I will feel better when i sleep now

Bespoke Super Mod
    Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    But i still love ya Miss Abs
    We all do Miss A and we all greatly appreciate your wisdom and knowledge
    Last edited by FAngel; 02-18-2001 at 02:56 AM.
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

bone crusher
    yes ma'am, we would be like a chicken without its head running around but going nowhere!
    Thanks miss abs!