The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

does curl hurt your ......?

Does working out ur bis hurt ur wrist area. I think its starting to hurt mine ive been lifting for a while now prob like 4 years and im pretty good on doing the exercise right. So what do u guys think or is it just from me tearing off roofs who knows
    Dedication is key

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The Tuna Tempter
    Are you bending your wrists back when you curl?

Try to conciously keep your wrists curled up towards you as you curl, I've found that this has helped. Also, if you're using a straight bar, maybe switch up to an Ezy Curl Bar, it's so much easier on the wrists.
    Life's too short to be small

try a EZ-bar its easier on the wrist

when i use the easy bar, palms up, for curls and heavy weights i notice that either the muscle or bone itself i believe it would be the ulnar begins to hurt towards the wrist up to the elbow. i have to slowly release the weights. i hate it. but i have pains on the straight bar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfresh
    when i use the easy bar, palms up, for curls and heavy weights i notice that either the muscle or bone itself i believe it would be the ulnar begins to hurt towards the wrist up to the elbow. i have to slowly release the weights. i hate it. but i have pains on the straight bar.
    i know EXACTLY WUT UR FEELING MAN.

when you finish the set... you have to SLOWLY release your grip on the bar, so that it doesn't hurt all at once, right?

it feels like a shock going through your forearms/wrists when you release the bar..

i hate that..

i think like people said.. if u curl your wrists upwards during the set, it will be better..

but yeah, during preacher curls and standing curls, my wrists feel like they're going to snap, and my forearms have a shooting pain going through it.

I don't know what you're experiencing, but your wrist should always stay in the same position throughout the curl - straight. If it curls in anyway, start working out your forearms because it's too weak.

when i force a rep ... i get mad pains on an area near my wrists.
    Saddam: "Bush is the real criminal"

bulking again
    Is it best to grip the curl bar in the inner handle part or the outer part...

I get pains in my wrist from time to time doing any kinda curling, whether it b ezbar wide/narrow, db, bb, machine, u name it.

IMHO the wrist is pretty delicate, kinda like your ankle...until your tendons/ligaments/joints strengthen up don't force heavy weights on them...concentrate on good form and getting a solid contraction with manageable weights
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 05-07-2004 at 10:32 AM.

1) Use DBs.
    2) Stop curling if pain continues. There are plenty of bicep workouts that do not involve curling.
    3) Use a neutral/hammer grip.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks for the replys i try to keep my wrist striaght the entire time. My forearms are plenty strong there pretty big actually not to bad for a 160 pound guy.
    Dedication is key