The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Energizer Bunnie

A Contrast Of Angles

Wow !! Back by popular demand……AND with a new journal title in tow…I’ve returned with a new set of goals & amazing clarity as to HOW to achieve them. Nothing like a muscular injury setback to hone in on whats most important in my life and I choose HEALTH & WELLBEING!!!

Okay, with that being said……this is my third journal…..”A Work In Progress” was numero uno….I dipped my toes in the water so to speak. I learned how to strength train properly…Then during my “Magic Moments Tour” where I met so many of you gorgeous creatures….”Breaking The Barriers”…emerged. It gave me the momentum to be “badass” & “hardcore”…meaning I was in a total state of “confusion”. I listened to oodles of advice from others about gym etiquette, lifting, diet & supplementation etc… and for 6 months I prepared for a competition which I eventually withdrew from due to conflicting beliefs…Now its time to have some faith and trust myself.

I’ve stripped back all the “fluffy” stuff and getting back to basics. There are two things about our bodies we can change. Our COLOUR and our SHAPE. I have done the former (have a great tan) and now I’m working on creating a beautiful ”Contrast Of Angles”. This will give me the fabulously sexy feminine hourglass curves I most desire. To lose bodyfat I play soccer three times a week, I jog (Stu Middleton style – warmup 15mins, jogging 15mins, cooldown 15mins to burn fat for fuel instead of suger…..which teaches my body to reset its metabolism), African dancing – mega cardio workout, I do Peter Egoscue – structural alignment, & strength train. I also treat myself to one hell of a remedial massage every fortnight….totally ROCKS !!!

The gym membership is now gone in favour of working out in the backyard using a super-dupa hand made squat rack one of my new flatmates has constructed….It’s fabuloso !!

GOALS:-
    I am currently increasing the size of my lats, hamstrings & delts. At the same time I am decreasing bodyfat to reveal my biceps, triceps & quads. I’ve realised muscle growth is all about growth hormone & increasing the heart rate to a point where receptors can release it to the targeted muscles. Warming up the muscles plays a huge part…So, I wear a heart rate monitor and lift heavy….makes complete sense.

ROUTINE:-
    I have two splits. Upper & Lower body. For Upper body I do BB “curl press” & BB rows. For Lower body I do Squats & deadlifts. All lifts using the Barbell and I stand to increase the heartrate. Voila….That’s it…..I’m all about MAXIMUM results…MINIMUM time…..

Stay tuned....
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

New journal! Good luck with it all Franji

We missed you frannie!

Good luck w/ your goals.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Do that voodoo that he do
    Uh-oh, teh Franji is approaching Dinosaur Training!

Get some, girlie, get some.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

The Tuna Tempter
    Great to see ya back gal! Now you're even more hardcore...working out in the backyard with only compounds
    Life's too short to be small

the most important thing is that you enjoy what you're doing and that you have fun. The moment that stops is the moment you need to reanalyze things, but you know that.

with that said: damn girl, your multiple journals are approaching monstar status!

Glad you're back. Miss you loads. You know the rest
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

About damn time! Let's see some more regular updates.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Good to see ya back here Frannie. It sounds like you have a ton of clarity on your goals and how you are going to achieve them. I'll be watching!!

My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

the irish assassin
    Frannie!

...good to see ya again darlin.
    Per Ferrum Ad Astra-Mel Siff

Don't wish for it, work for it.

All westcoast gangstas know, if you wanna keep your money, stick with "W"

Wannabebig New Member
    Welcome back. Looking forward to hearing about your new successes!

Hey Francesca! Been meaning to email or snail mail you lately, but have been busy (read: lazy).

Don't push too hard if you are still hurt though. I've re-injured myself a few times, it's easy to get too enthusiastic when you just get back into the swing of things.

And now you are a soccer chick! I just played a bit with my little 6 year old niece on saturday at a momma day bbq.

Hope you've been able to walk outta bars on your own two feet lately.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro

Hope you've been able to walk outta bars on your own two feet lately.

How did I know you'd have to bring this into the new journal??
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Each girl needs a story to be identified by. Tina has her "broken glass penis story", Fran has her, "I got carried down the steps of the bar over Peter's shoulder story."
    Last edited by ElPietro; 05-10-2004 at 09:17 AM.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

My journal

yay frannie!!! so glad your back!
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Banned

'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    Fran has her, "I got carried down the steps of the bar over Peter's shoulder story."

~~~~oh no. it happened again?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    ~~~~oh no. it happened again?

You never heard that story huh? She had a whole entourage carrying her downstairs and back home!! 'Twas a fun night indeed!!

Sorry Frannie!!
    My journal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinF
    You never heard that story huh? She had a whole entourage carrying her downstairs and back home!! 'Twas a fun night indeed!!
    Bah, that's nothin'. SHould have seen her in Noosa, when she...

nevermind, I promised not to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    Bah, that's nothin'. SHould have seen her in Noosa, when she...

nevermind, I promised not to tell...

tuttut

You can't do that!! Spill it!!
    My journal

nope never heard one. not sure it trumps my frannie story, tho.