Thread: what ratio to eat?

Wannabebig Member

what ratio to eat?

Hi everyone.
    Ok..i need to find out what ratio of carbs,proteins,and fats to eat in my everyday diet?(if i "need" to eat anythin else then please tell me..by the way i'll be starting with WBR#1 from next week)
    My stats:
    Height: 5"7.5
    Weight: ....Reduced from 80 kg to 73 kg..tell me how much more I should lose

Wannabebig Member
    rite now I think I'll be using this:
    40% Carbs
    40% Proteins
    20% fats
    any suggestions?
    My stats:
    Height: 5"7.5
    Weight: ....Reduced from 80 kg to 73 kg..tell me how much more I should lose

Quote Originally Posted by ali
    rite now I think I'll be using this:
    40% Carbs
    40% Proteins
    20% fats
    any suggestions?
    that is what I use to and I have done well, I say use these ratios, as they are pretty standard

Provided you eat at least 1g per lb of bodyweight of protein and no less than 20% of daily calories from fat (for healthy hormone production) then I would say the actual macro ratios do not matter too much. What is important is calorie balance.

Having said this, some individuals find they cope better with high carb diets vs low carb (I'm not talking about keto here) you may have to experiment to see.

40-40-20 is awesome.

try a search on this board for "ratio" on the diet/nutrition forum.

good luck!
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 05-11-2004 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGimp
    Provided you eat at least 1g per lb of bodyweight of protein and no less than 20% of daily calories from fat (for healthy hormone production) then I would say the actual macro ratios do not matter too much. What is important is calorie balance.

Having said this, some individuals find they cope better with high carb diets vs low carb (I'm not talking about keto here) you may have to experiment to see.
    x2
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties