Thread: anyone heard of the bigger, faster, stronger program?

anyone heard of the bigger, faster, stronger program?

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the bigger, faster, stronger program. It looks like this: Mon-squats, bench and Military 3 sets of low reps
    Wed- Incline, cleans, deadlifts on a hex bar 3 sets of low reps. Fri-bench, squats where you go down to a sitting position on a bench then go back up, and military, 3 sets of low reps. Does anyone have any comments on this program?

Quote Originally Posted by vegetapower
    I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the bigger, faster, stronger program. It looks like this: Mon-squats, bench and Military 3 sets of low reps
    Wed- Incline, cleans, deadlifts on a hex bar 3 sets of low reps. Fri-bench, squats where you go down to a sitting position on a bench then go back up, and military, 3 sets of low reps. Does anyone have any comments on this program?
    I like it. I would throw in some isolation hamstring work and some chinups.

Yeah i've heard of it, my football coach gave it to me, its the one with karl malone and luther ellis or someone from the detroit lions on the cover right?
    Journal

Before you go to train everyday, think about the less fortunate and what they would give to just have the opportunity to be training like a madman.

"The squat rack is my church, the dead lift platform my temple."

Team Stocky - "It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle."
    The Rawmighty Team Stocky.

In 9th grade health class we watched a video on it, but I thought I remember them saying to start by doing a 5 minute warm-up and then static stretching everything and follow by weight training and then running. Now that I know better, that's kind of ****ty advice. At any rate, here's a little more and it looks better than it did on that video:
    http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/sh...hreadid=287915

Wannabebig Member
    haha the bigger faster stronger routine is used by lightning fast training systems!

and the owner of lightening training systems is the strength and conditioning coach at my school! Duane Carlisle.

he does stuff with the Philidephia Eagles and stuff like that. hes a cool dude and sometimes the nfl players come to my school and train there.
    Last edited by PYROTAK; 05-08-2004 at 07:09 PM.

Do you think that you will gain lots of muscle on this program or would a regular 3 or 4 day split work better?

MACHINE
    This program is good for the "bigger" and "stronger" part, but the "faster" must be built by a sprinting program.

What one gains from this program depends on how intense the sets are, how much the trainee eats, and how much rest the trainee gets. I did something similar in the past and it worked well.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

BFS is a big time shame. Yes your bench will go up, yes your squat will go up, but they neglect some very important muscle groups and create huge muscular imbalances. To add to that they don't incorporate all aspects of athleticism in their program. This program leads to injuries and loss of functional athletic ability. What good is that strong bench going to do if you're on the sidelines, out with an injury every two weeks?

Its a good program for beginners, it was given to me in high school, i thought it looked good for a base program, somewhere to get started for people who had no exp.
    Journal

Before you go to train everyday, think about the less fortunate and what they would give to just have the opportunity to be training like a madman.

"The squat rack is my church, the dead lift platform my temple."

Team Stocky - "It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle."
    The Rawmighty Team Stocky.