The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Grip strength question on WBB #1

I just started WBB#1 yesterday, and it is awesome... completely different than the routine I've had for the past three months. One issue I have with the prescribed back routine is grip strength. I haven't lifted with straps in a long time, and yesterday was no different. My grip is giving out with much lower weight than I know my back can handle.

So here's the million dollar question: should I lift with straps so I can go heavy, or should I lift without and wait for my grip strength to catch up? Or, should I alternate weeks and do heavy lifts one week with straps and then lighter weight without straps the next week?

Thanks for your help, and thanks for a routine that shows a lot of potential!
    The problem with being better than everyone else is that people assume you're pretentious.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I would suggest the straps for a while. Add some grip work to help your grip catch up. This helped me a huge aomunt and now I don't need straps anymore.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300