The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Bulking and Cutting, plus some other questions

After you bulk up to where you want to be, and cut the fat off, then what? Do you continue with the cardio you used to cut in order to keep the fat off, or do you stop the cardio and just continue with the weights, or what? Do a lot of you bulk until you have a competition coming then cut? I am not going to compete, I just want to gain weight, then get cut. I just started getting serious about lifting a few months ago. I have been lifting non-seriously for about a year, but I just started paying attention to nutrition a few months ago, and since then I have gained more weight. I was around 155 lbs since high school, after about the last year I am at about 170 lbs, about 5 lbs of it since this summer. I am using whey protein, trying to eat a lot of high protein foods, and trying to space out my meals evenly over the course of the day. I try to work out three times a week, but can't always make it because of grad school.

The workout I am doing is one that I got out of Mens Health, it breaks down like this:
    Monday For each excercise warm up with one set of 10 and one of 8, then do 3 sets of 6 reps, then 3 sets of 4, then 3 of 2, with increasing weight on each, for squats, bench, stiff legged deadlifts, and bent over dumbbell rows.
    Wednesday is two sets of 13-20 reps of bicep curl, tricep extension, lateral raise, incline fly, lat pulldown.
    Friday is 3 sets of 10 reps of Bench, Squat, shoulder press, stiff legged deadlift, bicep curls, tricep extensions.

I know this probably isn't the ideal workout, I just needed something to start with.

I just thought I would put this up and see what everyone has to suggest.
    Thanks a lot!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I'm not much of a diet expert, but I can tell you why most people bulk and cut.

You bulk up to gain weight, mostly muscle. With that comes fat but a lot of muscle too. So than, you cut to get rid of the fat, but keep as much muscle as possible. So the idea of a bulking and cutting cycle is to put on lean muscle mass. Bingo!

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah, I know what they are for. I just wanted to know if people do the cycle continuously, or stop when they get to where they want to be, and the maintanence needed to stay there.

I don't think anyone gets to where they want to be. People set goals; reach them and set their standards higher. So it's a continuous cycle.