The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

bulking. maintaining. FOR SKINNY PPL? HELP!

My body is in a really skinny condition right now.
    under 100 pounds, 6%bf, 6.5%bf?

I want to know:
    What are the formulas to BULK FOR SKINNY PPL
    and to CUT
    and to MAINTAIN

somewhere it said mulitply ur weight by 15-20 to bulk
    and somewhere else it said multiply ur weight by 15 to maintain
    Last edited by windwork; 05-15-2004 at 01:59 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    Real world experience tells me that a "skinny" person, ie. an ectomorph, needs more than 20 x bodyweight in calories to bulk. You could start off with this and see how it works. If you're not gaining, keep increasing until you do. Personally, I think ectos need more like 25-30 x bodyweight. Many scoff at this, and continue to claim they are "hardgainers"...I prefer to call them feeble eaters.

If you're skinny and want to bulk up eat as much as you can, then eat some more, take a break and the continue eating. Don't worry much about ratios, just eat, eat, eat.

The formulas used as a guideline are:

Bulk = bw*18
    Maintenance = bw*15
    Cut = bw*12

But that's just a guideline, you'll have do adjust depending on your metabolism and fast you gain/lose weight.
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

Wannabebig Member
    thank you
    very helpful
    especially the guidelines part

Wannabebig Member
    i also like the "feeble eaters" rather than "hardgainers"
    because hardgainer actually sounds like a good word/nickname, but if i think feeble eater, that changes everything.

If you're a guy and you are under 100lbs you need to be eating constantly throughout the day-and training no more than 3 times a week and keep it basic with compound lifts(squat,bench etc...). I go with 25-30 calories per lb you weigh, it works for me.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Pick a number and count your calories to make sure you arehitting your target. Then check the scale every week to see if you are gaining. If so, congrats you are eating enough, if not, eat more
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Wannabebig Member
    thanks. very helpful

gonaherpasyphilaids
    if your skinny, eat. when i was intensly underweight i actaully never realized how much I didnt eat, 2 meals a day maybe? 3 smalls ones at most. just make sure u eat clean every 3 hours and I'm sure your body with explode in a few short monthes.

Wannabebig Member
    wow. thanks.
    nice