The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Ronnie's new video

http://www.mocvideo.com/

Here's a review I found over at another forum. The video sounds great, but it's ****ing $40.

"This video is over 3 hours, so my review is not short, but read it if you are interested in the video.

OK, before I get into the meat and potatoes of the video itself, I would first like to talk about the bonus footage first, it was hilarious.

It starts of with Ronnie going to the movies at like 11:30 P.M. And is approached by two fans, and they ask him how much he weighs. He just casually says "Oh, bout' 310." and keeps on walking. He said it so nonchalantly, like 310 ain't nothing.

Cue the next scene. If anyone told me Ronnie ****ing Coleman was a metrosexual, I wouldn't have believed it, but dude is a full fledged metro, for real. He went to the nail salon to get a manicure, pedicure and foot scrub. A freakin' foot scrub...LMAO. What was funny about it was how relaxed Ronnie was. He was so relaxed that he dozed off, and the little Vietnamese lady had to smack him on the calves for him to wake up so he could lift his ginormous legs out of the water so she could scrub his feet. Turns out Ronnie is a long time customer and has been getting the tender treatment for 7 years. Who knew?

The next scene, he was showing off the house he bought for his mom and he introduced the audience to his niece. Cute little baby. He showed off the Lexus LS400 that he bought for his mom, then showed off the remainder of the house and low and behold, what do we see in one of the rooms? A cardboard box full of you guessed it - MasterPiece barbeque sauce. Da best sauce in da world!!

He also shows off his waverunners, but says he rides it only once a year. I'm surprised the wave runner can stay afloat with him on it! Then he lets on in on his dieting secrets. You ready? It's black eye peas, rice, 2 packs of equal and crumbled cornbread all mixed together. How does one develop a recipe like that? What makes someone want to put a sugar substitute and cornbread in rice and beans? He also shows off his sandows, boasting that only three other men have as many as he does, Haney, Yates and The Governator.

Before I get to the training, I need to talk about Ronnies "diet". Offseason, he only eats one meal at home, his breakfast and it's the most bizarre breakfast. He gets 3 packs of instant flavored grits and puts it in a bowl, then gets a slice of cheese and puts it in the grits and nukes it in the microwave for 6 minutes. Grits and cheese? Who eats grits and cheese? I guess Ronnie does. Who the **** am I to question Mr. Olympia? While the grits n' cheese is cooking in the microwave, Ronnie is making coffee and is frying up 2 cups of eggwhites. That's a ****load of eggwhites. When done, he mixes the eggwhites into the grits/cheese concoction. After breakfast, Ronnie pulls out a pill organizer and proceeds to pop every pill ever made by man. I lost count....seriously, i'm not embellishing, dude takes every supplement, vitamin, mineral out there, tons of it. His bloodtype has to be chromium picolinate.

The rest of his meals are eaten out. He goes to two places. Black Eye Peas and Outback Steakhouse. At Black Eye Peas, he eats chicken, corn, black eyed peas/beans and a ****ing basket of cornbread! Honestly, if I eat that much cornbread everyday, several times a day like Ronnie does, i'd be fat. He eats there twice a day and he's always saying the same **** "Mmmmm....gotta love da offseason....Mmmm." "Whole lotta cornbread...gotta love da offseason baby!!" For dinner he goes to Outback Steakhouse and he eats steak, baked potatoes and french fries. Ronnie says "Dis here ain't that baked stuff like last time, Dis the real deal...Dis here fries iz really fried, deep fried."

He eats like this EVERYDAY. Same food daily. This is what it takes to feed the machine. He's consistent with his nutrition and perhaps the people who are always looking for that magic pill or golden syringe should take note of this. Granted, we can't all eat french fries and two baskets of cornbread everyday and be lean like Ronnie, but nevertheless the message is quite clear, you gotta eat big to get big. No one gets big eating like a bird.

Now the training aspect. Before I get into it, I would like to say that nobody can ever beat Ronnie Coleman from this point on. NOBODY is in this mans league. He's a man against boys. All this talk about Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson, Chris Cormier and Gunter Schlierkamp is just that, TALK. They simply can't hang with him, PERIOD. This video solidifies that Ronnie will be Mr. Olympia until he decides he doesn't want to compete anymore. He has first place LOCKED. The competition is for 2nd place and whatever scraps are left behind, he's the king of the hill and anyone who disputes that is either blind or does not know what bodybuilding is.

Ronnie trains some bodyparts with NPC Superheavyweight, Gus Carter. Gus the Bus is a very big dude, he's a top superheavyweight, but damn does he look small next to Ronnie.

I would also like to thank Brian Dobson for putting on a decent pair of shorts for this video. We all remember him and his nut huggin' daisy dukes last time. We could have done without the candid nut shots back then Brian, so thanks for not dressing like a reject from the Village People.

Day 1 - Shoulders and Calves

No need to bore you with calf training, i'll go into shoulders. He starts off with dumbell presses and works up to 160lb dumbells for 6 reps!! Then he says "Damn...that was heavy." Yeah, no ****. He then goes to some prehistoric looking machine that doubles as a side lateral and press machine for delts. He does several supersets of this with the entire stack. Then to some cable work for rear delts and finally shrugs. He works up to 700+ lbs on the shrugs. He didn't do them the conventional way. He did the behind the back, like Lee Haney used to do. This way is much harder and if he did it to the front, he would have probably been able to shrug well over 800lbs.

He then eats at Black Eye Peas and goes home to do cardio. Who knew watching someone do cardio would be funny? Well, I laughed, then again, I laugh at any and everything. It just looks awkward as **** when 310lb Ronnie is on the stairstepper. The strides he takes, he looks like an ostrich, a big ass ostrich, but he looks like an ostrich. It was over 100 degrees in the shade in his home gym and he's there busting his ass, in the heat doing cardio. Most guys are doing cardio in the air conditioned gym, not Ronnie. Hell, most guys don't even do cardio offseason."

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"Day 2 - Legs

Ronnie and Gus start off with leg extensions. Ronnie works up to the entire stack and extra plates added to the stack, makes it look EASY. Squatting is next and damn, can Ronnie squat. Gus says "Let's show these California boys how we workout in Texas". Damn, I knew the **** was on and popping after I heard that. Ronnie works up to 760lbs and does like 4 or 5 reps, ASS TO THE GRASS. Deep squats, no partial ****. He then says he wants more weight, he wants to go up to 800lbs. He admits that he has never squated 800lbs and this is the first time for him. Ronnie gets this blue Inzer squatsuit that could double as a parachute for a normal person, but he barely got the **** over his quads, he had to wrestle with it to get it on. Gus and Brian Dobson helped him put it on. So Ronnie is getting ready, with the usual hootin' and hollering..."Yeah buddy!!!....light weight!!! hooooaahhh..awoooo!!!" He then tells Dobson to smack him in the back, Dobson does as he is told. If Ronnie tells you to hit him, you better ****ing hit him. He gets under the weight, bar bending like a mother****er, and this freak squats a double with 800lbs on his back. Lest we forget that he had already done VERY heavy sets leading up to this and he pre-exhausted with some HEAVY ass leg extensions. What if he did squats first, what would he have squated? I say he's got 850lbs in him next. He issued a challenge to any bodybuilder out there. Ronnie says "I issued a challenge last time, and nobody stepped up. Eva body wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lif dis HEAVY ASS WEIGHT!! I do though...."

As if squatting the equivalent of 3 kawasaki ninjas was not enough, the freak gets on the leg press and puts on 55 or so 45lb plates on the sucker. I don't even think most gyms have that many 45lb plates. That's almost 2500lbs folks. And this is after leg extensions and 800lb squats. He does this for 10 reps. To compound how awesome this feat was, Ronnies foot stance is very narrow. It's much easier to push heavyweight in the leg press with a wider foot stance, but Ronnie does it with a very foot stance, making it much harder. After the leg presses, he does standing leg curls and stiff leg deadlifts for hams. He eats, and does cardio after that crazy workout. He also has a massage therapist come to his house to give him a deep tissue massage. She says she's exhausted and tired after giving Ronnie a massage, because he likes his massages deeper and harder than most clients and she burns up quite a few calories massaging him....lol.

Day 3 - Chest, Tris, abs

Ronnie trains abs first, then is off to chest. He works up to 495lbs on the flat bench. He does incline and declineafter, working up to 405lbs on both movements. Quite impressive to say the least. Then he does tris. The usual stuff, one arm extensions, dips pushdowns. He does another ab workout and ends it there. Eats, and does cardio. It's a cool day today. It's only 90 degrees.

Day 4 - Calves, Back and bi's

He trains calves in his home gym, then goes to Metroflex for his back and bicep workout. He does pulldowns, works up to the entire stack, plus added 45lb plates. Then behind the back pulldowns. He goes heavy on seated cable rows, working up to the whole stack, plus 2 45lb plates. Finally, he does dumbell pullovers and works up to 160lb dumbells. Biceps are next, and he does machine curls, dunmbell curls and cable curls. He looked really freaky when doing the cable curls, because Mitsure was really up close. Crazy freaky.

After the workout, he takes off his shirt and starts to pose. What I saw, blew my mind. Freak is an understatement. I never knew a day would come that I would ever say this, but Ronnie is too damn big. Jesus Christ. How does he wipe his ass? He was barely able to get his tank top off to pose? He seems really humble, reserved and down to earth. Of course, he still has the flashy rides though. His Escalade looked like they were sitting on 24 inch spinners. Had the benz with voice identification, but could barely get it to work right because of his southern drawl....lol. He was trying to call in to let them know at Outback that he's coming so they should have his food ready. Also had the hummer. He also has a new phrase. It used to be "Another day, another quarter." in the old video, Now it's "Another day, another dollar" and "Another day, another couple dollars." Beats me, Ronnie can say whatever the **** he wants. You tell him he makes no sense.

All in all, damn good video. Highly reccomended over that snooze fest that was Jay Cutlers video."

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

Ok, now someone rip it for me, lol.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

Seems like it's worth buying
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

wow...30$ is a little pricy, that is 5lb of protien....
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Cue the next scene. If anyone told me Ronnie ****ing Coleman was a metrosexual, I wouldn't have believed it, but dude is a full fledged metro, for real. He went to the nail salon to get a manicure, pedicure and foot scrub. A freakin' foot scrub...LMAO. What was funny about it was how relaxed Ronnie was. He was so relaxed that he dozed off, and the little Vietnamese lady had to smack him on the calves for him to wake up so he could lift his ginormous legs out of the water so she could scrub his feet. Turns out Ronnie is a long time customer and has been getting the tender treatment for 7 years. Who knew?
    This isn't surprising. I mean he is a bodybuilder. They have to look good and I'm sure having nice hands and feet help.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Sounds look a good flick. Ronnie cracks me up, funny guy he is.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

sounds awesome. That squatting is crazy. Those DB Presses are insane also.
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

i think someone here posted a video of him doing db bench with 200 somethin lb db's..that was pretty crazy
    Name: Addison , Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 173 lbs, Location: Toronto
    Bodyfat: 8.4%, Age: 18

Bench: 205lb x 2
    Squat: 275lb x 4
    Deadlift: 305lb x 1
    Chins: 20 pronated, 5 w/ 50lb db

As of 5/03/2005

My Pic Thread

On the Road to Redemption. Ironman_1964's Avatar
    Iím buying the DVD!
    What am I on?
    My back for the bench press.
    My feet for the squat.
    What are you on?

I need to get that ****

Quote Originally Posted by KeMiKaL
    i think someone here posted a video of him doing db bench with 200 somethin lb db's..that was pretty crazy
    I used to workout at a serious gym in NY where some pro's hit the weight's, and I've seen a few people do DB bench with 200's. It is certainly an amazing sight.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Im definetly getting the dvd!
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'