The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Routine question

Here's my plan. I just got me a gym membership and I'm gonna work out 3 days on 1 day off and repeat. I've only worked out my chest day but here's what I figured out. Help me out with the order and removal and adding of excercises:

Chest/Tricep

Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Flies: 3x8
    Dips : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Low Incline Barbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps

Narrow Grip bench Press : 2 x 6-8
    Barbell Extensions: 2x6-8
    Cable Press Downs 2 x 6, 10

I also have a diet question. I plan on eating 2500+ calories a day. What's a good number to start at and see what happens? I'm at 9.6% bf atm and about 150 if it matters. Also, what should I eat before and after a workout? I know after I'm supposed to eat plenty of protein and carbs, but can someone help me out here? Sorry, I know these questions are asked about 20 times a day. Also, what warming up should i do? I'll do some stretching but should i like jog for a bit or something? I'm really looking to SERIOUSLY get into lifting, and I have alot of spare time on my hands. Let me know about stuff and whatnot.
    Last edited by SecretAsianMan; 05-18-2004 at 11:17 PM.
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 140
    Current Personal Bests
    1x175 BP
    8x205 Squat
    1x245 Deadlift

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    You could possibly drop the flies from chest just focus on compound lifts... as far as diet goes try eating at 2500 calories and adjust from there, if you arent gaining add an additional 200 calories or so until you are.

Click onthe link in my sig, and read.

THEN set up your routine.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.