The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

A few questions about my workout.

I've been working out for roughly 3 months and I just have some questions.

1. Is doing the exact same exercise (weight and motion) more than once per workout good? eg: If I do a barbell curl 3 times over the course of my workout, will it hurt me, help me, or do nothing? I don't really have access to a lot of weights, so I was thinking of doing this for some of my exercises. Should I buy more weights, or is this fine?

2. When I train my upper body, I do all push (shoulder, chest, tricep) exercises one day, and all pull (bicep, forearm, back) another day. Is this good? Or should I do something like back, chest, shoulder one day, and bicep, tricep, forearm another day?

3. How often should I workout? I have enough time to workout every 2 or 3 days but should I? I'm not lifting heavy, or power lifting. When I started, I would work the same muscle groups every 3 days. Should I continue this?

4. When I workout, I do 3 exercises for each muscle group. So one worlout would look like this:
    bicep
    back
    forearm

bicep
    back
    forearm

bicep
    back
    forearm

Is this too much or too little? I fit this in in an hour. Should I target more muscle groups and do less than 3 exercises, or is this fine?

5. Lastly, my workout schedule is this:
    Monday: Biceps, Back, Forearms
    Thursday: Shoulder, Tricep, Chest
    (MY lower body is pretty big from lots of sports and running)

When should I do abs in this? On monday and thursday, or other days? I've heard you shouldn't workout for more than an hour, so should I do them on different days? If I do them on the same days should I do them beginning, middle or end? Or does it matter?

Also, should I workout more than this?

Thanks for all the help!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    1.yes, usually doing an exercise for 3 or 4 sets is very beneficial to muscle growth

2. doing a push pull split is very effective, in fact it is one of the most basic and most used splits

3. 3 to 4 times a week is more than enough

4. always work the bigger muscle before the little one..

do all your back exercises, then all you bicep exercises then finish it off with your forearm exercises

5. id do abs on both days if you can, its always beneficial
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Wannabebig Member
    What is it exactly that you do for forearms? because i dont know many forearm exercises and was wondering what you guys do?

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    i dont work my forearms directly, i just allow them to get worked from my gripping of the weights when i lift
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Quagmire wannabe
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCorey75
    i dont work my forearms directly, i just allow them to get worked from my gripping of the weights when i lift
    :withstupi
    He who hesitates masturbates........