I've been working out for roughly 3 months and I just have some questions.
1. Is doing the exact same exercise (weight and motion) more than once per workout good? eg: If I do a barbell curl 3 times over the course of my workout, will it hurt me, help me, or do nothing? I don't really have access to a lot of weights, so I was thinking of doing this for some of my exercises. Should I buy more weights, or is this fine?
2. When I train my upper body, I do all push (shoulder, chest, tricep) exercises one day, and all pull (bicep, forearm, back) another day. Is this good? Or should I do something like back, chest, shoulder one day, and bicep, tricep, forearm another day?
3. How often should I workout? I have enough time to workout every 2 or 3 days but should I? I'm not lifting heavy, or power lifting. When I started, I would work the same muscle groups every 3 days. Should I continue this?
4. When I workout, I do 3 exercises for each muscle group. So one worlout would look like this:
Is this too much or too little? I fit this in in an hour. Should I target more muscle groups and do less than 3 exercises, or is this fine?
5. Lastly, my workout schedule is this:
Monday: Biceps, Back, Forearms
Thursday: Shoulder, Tricep, Chest
(MY lower body is pretty big from lots of sports and running)
When should I do abs in this? On monday and thursday, or other days? I've heard you shouldn't workout for more than an hour, so should I do them on different days? If I do them on the same days should I do them beginning, middle or end? Or does it matter?
Also, should I workout more than this?
Thanks for all the help!