Thread: Squats on the smith

Wannabebig Member

Squats on the smith

Did squats on the barbell yesterday instead of the smith. Weight was down a little, but the biggest thing I noticed was I had a tendency to lean too far front. I'm tall though, 6'2", and this is common for tall people I think. On the smith, this can happen too but its easier to rectify. I haven't done barbell squats in 6 months at least, and it felt very weird. I got 315 for 9, as opposed to 375 for 8 on the smith. Plus, I'm just not very confident on barbell squats. If I'm never gonna compete in a powerlifting comp, and I want big, veiny, muscular legs, why not just go with the smith if it gives me a better workout? Keep in mind I do everything else freeweight except my squats. I do deads here and there too. I can get 405 for 6 usually, 7 on a good day. So a weak back isn't part of the equation here. Let me know what you guys think.

skinny white boy
    Smith machine = evil. Stay away from it.

isnt it better to do squat without the bars to help u balance? this is what i got told, as i used to squat on the smith machine, now do it manually
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal