The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

Broken Lizard's Club Dread

Who has seen it and what do you think?

I bought it, unseen, expecting another Super Troopers. What I got instead was this campy parody of slasher flicks with some interesting subtext and less obvious jokes.

I liked it, but for totally different reasons than I liked Super Troopers.

What did y'all think?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I saw this 2 days ago.

For a point of reference
    I saw Super Troopers (and own it on DVD) and think it had some HYSTERICAL moments...I was a huge fan of the drug humor, the Farva character and the idiot cop routine. Although the plot itself was fairly dry.

Club Dread....I still don't know what to think....it just sucked... all it had going for it was 2-3 girls that were ok to look at .... and thats about it.... I mean honestly, it was a B movie with little/no redeeming value...Steve Lemme as Juan was slightly entertaining in a "all sex craved hispanics are funny" typa way...and Brittany Daniel (Jenny) is just a cutie....I wouldn't even rent this one...wait till its a late night rerun on USA channel after Weekend at Bernies
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 06-03-2004 at 01:17 PM.

Banned
    you didn't like the ersatz Jimmy Buffet routine from Bill Paxton?

I wannabebig!
    it was decent enough to watch at the 1 dollar theatre... but to buy no.

Jay-See
    i rented it.... definetly not what i expected, but some hot ladies. The whole parody of scary movies are getting old and annoying.

Super troopers is the greatest movie ever, other then fight club of course.
    Current Weight: 155lbs (started: 151 lbs)
    16 Years old
    My weight fluctuation breakdown:
    Age 14-15 170lbs
    Age 15-16 149-151lbs
    Age 16-17 (hopefully!) 170lbs

It was hard to see all of these characters out of their mustaches and state trooper gear, but I kinda enjoyed the movie. Loved Paxton as Coconut Pete, thought Chandehaskur (wtf?) was hilarious as his tennis playing Putman or Putnam, whatever. Brittany Daniel is a freaking goddess and I am now even more in love with her than ever, and I thought the guy that played Farva was awesome as Lars, just the silly character with his chakra and meditation and stuff. It was by no means a good movie, but I like it for what it is.

Banned
    I saw it in the theatre when it first came out and absolutely loved it! That's exactly my kind of movie...stupid humour and hot girls. What more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    stupid humour and hot girls. What more do you want?
    actual humor and hot girls?

Banned
    Bah! You don't want to have to think about the jokes...that way you have more brain capacity left for viewing the hot girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    Bah! You don't want to have to think about the jokes...that way you have more brain capacity left for viewing the hot girls.
    u could be right, perhaps all the jokes went over my head and I dont know what I'm missing...tell me some of the things that you found humerous, I honestyl might have missed them!

Banned
    I'm awful at remembering scenes from movies, but just some of the of the stupid things like the whole part with the staff dressed up as different fruits (the one dude
    $%#@ing the chick while in the suit, how slow the other guy was running away from the killer 'cuz he had the ridiculous fruit costume on), the part about the guy being named "Machete Phil" when it should have been "Machete Caletti", the brown dude serving the tennis balls at the killer, and of course, the dick-tuck was just classic .

haha, the dick tuck was funny, just because he stole the other guy's punchline.

Banned
    some of the funny bits (I thought)

- the whole mock Jimmy Buffet thing with Bill Paxton

- the whole 'fake British' think by Jay Chandrasekhar "I was Andre Agassi's tennis partner for a week. I'm the one who taught Dre how to play cocks and quarters. Can you believe he'd never played cocks and quarters?"

- Juan, the horny diving instructor dude, "Ok... Juan Castillo... went to jail... for having sex... with a goat. Ok? It that what you wanted to hear? We lived on a farm! And I got lonely!"

- The FUN POLICE -- what a concept!

- Juan pronouncing his girlfriend Penelope's name (the horny hot gymnast) "Peen-A-Loup"

- Dirk and Jenny are about to make out in the water...Dirk goes in first.
    Dirk: Something just brushed up against my leg.
    Jenny: Shut up.
    Dirk: No. There's seriously something down here. Oh no wait! It's just my gigantic cock.

There's a lot more but overall i found the humour less obvious, and a lot more was about parodying the slasher movies. I thought they also tried to build some legitimate suspense and there was some actual blood and gore in the movie.

My take: Don't watch it as a comedy. Watch it as a slasher film with some funny bits.

I think a 2 year old would have gotten these jokes...there is nothing to think about...its just obvious

*sigh of relief* thought I might have missed something!

can I get a liter of cola!

I think 3-4 stoned 15 year olds and another on acid could come up with a better story if they were given 20 million as a reward...
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 06-04-2004 at 09:12 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan
    Who has seen it and what do you think?

I bought it, unseen, expecting another Super Troopers. What I got instead was this campy parody of slasher flicks with some interesting subtext and less obvious jokes.

I liked it, but for totally different reasons than I liked Super Troopers.

What did y'all think?

You bought it.

ayeeeeeee

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan

- Dirk and Jenny are about to make out in the water...Dirk goes in first.
    Dirk: Something just brushed up against my leg.
    Jenny: Shut up.
    Dirk: No. There's seriously something down here. Oh no wait! It's just my gigantic cock.
    Forgot about that one, lol.