The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

approx. 125g of Carbs per day = too much?

I weigh 176 pounds...hrm 5 11"

would that be too much? right now I drink a weight gainer, with 18g of whey protein for two huge scoops, 350 calories and 47g of carbs

should I consider switching to somehting that gives me less carbs and more protein? carbs are everywhere....this protein shake is more like a mass gainer....

any suggestions guys? im looking for cheap, good protein powder....

my "protein" shake costs me $140/25 days, and its one of the cheapest that you can find here....prices here are really killing me !!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

eat real food, it's cheaper

are you bulking, cutting etc? 125g of carbs should be fine 500 cals from carbs is nothing
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

What's wrong with carbs per se? If you're not on a ketogenic diet then nothing.

The stuff that we here in Malaysia is nothing but fat and oil.

Im was bulking, but I gained 11kg in 6 months. I don't know whether thats progress in your book but I'm aiming to hit maybe 85-87kg by the end of the year without looking fat.

Right now, it seems that Im gaining more fat than anything else.

11kg in 6 months sounds spot on to me, that's about 1 lb a week. If you're gaining more fat than anything else cut down on calories, or maybe it's time to start cutting.

TheGimp: I wouldn't want to cut after just starting bodybuilding for 6 months would I?
    My goal is to hit maybe 85kg and then start cutting. I don't want to look like Ronnie or Arnod. Just want a good looking body, 15" inch arms, 6 pack, chest, etc...

I started BB recently, from what I believe I should bulk up first and then start cutting to achieve my objectives....so that they will be defined...maybe Im wrong?

carbs/se ?

ketogenic diet ?

any clues about what this is ?

Per se is a saying which means intrinsically. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that carbs are intrinsically bad. I was trying to make the point that carbs are not bad. Too many simple carbs could be bad as they spike blood sugar and make it hard to control appetite and too many carbs, like too much protein or fat for that matter, will make you fat simply because excess calories make you fat. However carbs themselves are not bad.

A ketogenic diet is a diet which consists of low to no carbs in order to take advantage of certain metabolic tricks to facilitate fat loss. You may have heard of Atkins. This is a ketogenic diet.

Again I see no reason why you should not cut just because you have been bodybuilding for "only" 6 months. You said you seem to be gaining mostly fat. Either you are eating too many calories or perhaps you are simply noticing the accumulation of fat that is natural during a bulk. I think you may be better served by cutting down to a low bodyfat percentage and bulking again. How heavy are you at the moment? Do you know what your bodyfat percentage is?

I'm 80kg.
    I'm 5 "11
    I have no idea how to measure bodyfat %.
    I work out 4 times a week.

BTW, I have stopped eating the following foods for 2 weeks, since I found out that I was consuming way too much calories compared to protein.

McDonalds & BurgerKing. 40g of fats was a no-no, esp when I was eating 2 burgers for a meal.

White Rice, I now eat brown rice 80% of the time.

Coke, any form of soft drinks.

Fried noodles.

I'm gonna start to learn cooking.

The things that I do for bodybuilding, lol...

my "protein" shake costs me $140/25 days, and its one of the cheapest that you can find here....prices here are really killing me !!
    WTF...where you from? have you looked at the sponsor for this site atlargenutruition.com
    High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation.

drink guinness to build up, my dad swears by it ;') hehe
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal