Thread: Is it possible to see major improvent in 9 weeks.

Is it possible to see major improvent in 9 weeks.

Sup everyone i plan to hit the gym hard and bulk properly to go from 136 pounds to 155 is it possible to see major improvent in my body in 9 weeks if i bulk and wourkout properly as i plan to be in top shape for when school starts again . I plan to start bulking on june 22nd the date of my last final and through out the summer. SO how long will it be till i see any real improvement?? Thanks.

if you bulk cleanly and work very hard its not unreasonable to see 1lb per week of weight gain. If you assume that 85% of that is LBM gain and the 15% is fat then you aint doing so bad. If you try to gain too much too fast you will just end up adding more fat.

Big Tough managed to gain 12 lbs of LBM in 4 weeks so far on the bulking variation of UD2 with no increase in fat (as far as i know). Which is scary. The guy must have slayer genetics. If i tried to pull off that **** id end up gaining maybee 1/4 lb a week of weight if i was lucky. Still....my next major bulk is in 8 weeks and i intend to do rather better than my last.

Augs

You can probably go for 2ibs of LBM a week for the first few weeks, specially if u take creatine to help u along

Aug, who is this Big Tough and where can I read about his exploits

I could b way off on this one...but....
    age/testosterone/diet has a lot to do with how much a person can put on

1-2lbs per week are big numbers for a natural person over the age of 21
    That obviously equates to 52-104lbs in a year, which IMHO goes a few steps beyond wishful thinking. Or we wouldn't have 300lb linemen playing football we'd have 800 pound mountains

I was under the impression that anabolic users hope to achieve (on 3 cycles) about 30lbs of lbm in a year.

take the AAS outta the equation and you can cut that number by 50% or more...

and for a newb I'd cut it by 75% because of a lack of diet, mind-muscle connection, general gym experience, supplements, and everythign else that goes hand in hand...
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 06-03-2004 at 05:41 PM.

For the first FEW WEEKS Mr Garcia, not throughout his wannabe meathead life...

And thats assuming hes an newbie to the game, which i'm assuming he is...

Jez, I think u'd b wrong...the first few weeks an unfit person exericses your nitrogen levels are thrown completely outta whack and the odds of gaining ANY LBM are slim to none...u get stronger, but don't confuse strength and LBM...they aren't identical twins, they are more like cousins once removed

Thus u have powerlifters like George Halbert who at 198lbs can bench about 685
    and the majority of the 200 or so pounders on this board are benching like 300 pounds.
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 06-03-2004 at 05:54 PM.

Gah...damn u...lol

im 16 and i plan to follow this bulking diet that Vida helped me prepare. ( Thanks alot dude )

Ok, here's a diet to start with. This is for a workout day, with the workout coming between meals 2 and 3...if you can't or don't want to lift at this time then you'll have to change some meals around:

Meal 1: 4 eggs + 1 cup oats
    Meal 2: 85g chicken + 1 cup rice
    Workout
    Meal 3: 85g chicken + 2 cups rice
    Meal 4: 85g chicken or 2 eggs or 125g cottage cheese + 2 pitas
    Meal 5: 200 g cottage cheese + 1/4 cup almonds + 1 Tbsp olive oil
    Meal 6: 200 g cottage cheese + 2 Tbsp peanut butter

Here's a non-workout day:

Meal 1: 4 eggs + 1 cup oats
    Meal 2: 85g chicken + 2 pitas
    Meal 3: 85g chicken + 1 cup oats
    Meal 4: 85g chicken + 1/4 c almonds + 1 Tbsp olive oil
    Meal 5: 200 g cottage cheese + 1/4 cup almonds
    Meal 6: 200 g cottage cheese + 2 Tbsp peanut butter

mmmm, chicken and oats lol
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

does the diet look ok to you.

re:

I don't have the caloric breakdowns of all that memorized...but it doesn't look like all that much food for a bulk...

heya Geoff. Just hijacking the thread for a post about Big Tough. I met him over on the bodyrecomposition.com forums where i obviously bought the UD2 diet e-book from.

The UD2 diet comes in two main flavours...extreme fat loss or LBM gain with minimal (if any) fat gain. Both doets are complex and ass hard work. Big Tough used to be about (from memory) 30-40 lbs heavier in his peak days than he is now. He returned to UD2 bulk version and has been putting on (so far) 12 lb in 4 weeks. A lot of folks over there have said "how much????" and he seems a pretty stand up kinda guy. Hes not a newbie at all. He does body buliding competitions. Whether he is on gear or not I cannot say, but my gut says hes a natural builder with lucky bas***d genetics predisposed to bulking lean style.

Anyhow...thats what i think becasue im jelous as hell ) Go say hello to him on the boards over there and see what you think for yourself.

Augs

I wannabebig!
    I dont know if I could use the ud2 for bulking it would take the fun out of it hehe... maybe for cutting but not bulking!

I've done this twice with the same results.....not by my choice but I had to take about a month and a half off of my lifting twice, my reps went down a good 30 or so pounds in everything, but after a few weeks, probabaly about a month of lifting i gained it all back....now tha was probabaly because I was at that str. before and it is easier to get back then to work to it for the first time...but it can be done if you look at it from that stand point

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezmason
    not throughout his wannabe meathead life...

Follow the weight gain tips in this article:

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php

The first few weeks don't you begin to store much more glycogen and water? I put on a ton of weight (around 35 lbs) after around 4 months or so just from following a high frequency split with lots of food (pretty crappy food, too). I was so thin to start and didn't think much about being "lean", I just wanted to not like skinny with my shirt off at first. But, I kept getting pissed off that at even 180 lbs (after starting at about 145) my ribs were still showing about the same way.

Wannabebig Member
    hey chris that link provided LOTS of info wow..really helpful even though it was intended for me thnx! haha

Excellent, I am glad.