Thread: I never new taking Chocalate Whey protein could taste so bad.

Hybrid View

Pimpology Professor

I never knew taking Chocalate Whey protein could taste so bad.

I can't afford to buy a gallon of milk everyday, so i've been taking it with water. Plus the serving size of the stuff i got is 1 scoup, which is only 20g of protein. So i've been doubling it up. Its all gritty and chalky when i swallow. Pretty sick.
    Last edited by J_weik; 06-05-2004 at 03:06 PM.

If its gritty and chalky then you should maybe blend it a little more, I'm assuming you've tried this, so my only advise is that you get used to it and start trying to enjoying it, over a period of time you will start likeing i ..........

You don't need a gallon of milk every day to mix protein shakes. More like 8-20 oz depending on how many scoops.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Banned
    You might want to buy a different powder next time. A decent powder should mix easily with water, without having to be put in a blender.

Just chug it down, the ends justify the means in this case.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    What brand is it?

I suggest you buy a nice big shaker cup that has a screen or mesh cup inside. The mesh screen or cup helps to break up chunks as well as strain them out when you drink the shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Budiak
    What brand is it?

I suggest you buy a nice big shaker cup that has a screen or mesh cup inside. The mesh screen or cup helps to break up chunks as well as strain them out when you drink the shake.
    Holy piss they make these. Bro I hope you check this thread again and can post me a link to this shaker. Or really anyone who knows of them. This is why I hate shakers. I have a strong gag-reflex (pauses for joking to subside..) and nearly puke when one of those protein globs slam my throat.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Mixed with soy milk, almost anything tastes good, even strawberry whey.

Chocolate whey is supposed to be the best, strawberry whey is the worst...

Believe me, I've had strawberry whey for at least two weeks. I'm used to it now.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Wannabebig New Member
    If you are drinking a gallon of milk and protein a day dude you need to stop that and put some real food in your diet . THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR REAL FOOD .

You old dudes remember the first protein powder from the eggs , they had that wierd taste and real gritty . I loved that stuff .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

I always considered milk to be 'real food.'

The powdered eggs I got are very fine, not gritty. Last time I odered from 1fast400, there threw in a shaker cup. Haven't used it yet. Spoon works for me.

Wannabebig New Member
    C'mon Budiak ... I see guys in the gym all the time trying to get big with 25 protien bars and shakes for their meals and maybe a chicken breast in there somewhere .

If he's drinking a gallon of milk a day in protein shakes he can cut it in half and add some chicken or tuna .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Pimpology Professor
    No i'm not drinking a gallon of milk a day. I'm drinking more like 2 10oz cups, 2 10oz cups of juice, and 2 gallons of water. I've been eating about 5 eggs, 2 cans of tuna a day. Plus whats ever for supper.

Those guys eating all those protein bars are going to get big, too, provided they eat the calories they need to grow.

Weik, are you bulking, maintaining, cutting, what?

as long as your consuming the cals and protein i dont see how it matters if its in real food or liquid. Some ppl just do like to eat or dont have the time and its a lot easier to take it liquid. Also i suppose if your taking in less solid food it becomes even more important to take vitamins
    Last edited by BigNic; 06-06-2004 at 02:24 PM.

Banned
    Lots of bars and shakes actually contain quite a few vitamins so perhaps not.

ya that makes sense, i just added the vitamin part bc i wasnt quite sure

Squarehead: Go to any Bed Bath and Beyond (or similar store, like Lechter's), and you should be able to find one. Any kitchen supply store should have one in stock.

Failing that you could always mix up your shakes in a martini shaker/strainer I suppose.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

A few supplement sites give shaker bottles away for free when you purchase x amount of goods, too.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    heres a link to a good cup

http://www.vitadigest.com/shaker-cup-blue.html

any supp store should have some

Soba Ill check those places out on line. Holto, beast I am looking for the type with a device inside to breakup the chunks inside while shaking not just a regular shaker.

Jweik give this sites sister companies powder a try it is prety good man. You can search around here and see people will tell you the same thing. You can trust that the folk on this site are brutally honest (to the point of rude) if the stuff was nasty that is all you would ever hear about. But its great so pick some up you may just have some narsty powder bro.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

I was able to find one at a local supp store that had tons of them. I also recieved one from 1fast400 with a large order, which was a good one. They'll have them in any health food store or supplement shop. GNC and MaxMuscle will most definitely have them.

But the one from 1fast broke when I dropped it in the locker room once and I had to watch as my PW shake literally went down the drain. Luckily I always carry a spare shake in my bag, just in case that **** happens.