Thread: still in pain :(

still in pain :(

This back pain is really draining me now can't train and it's starting to effect my eating (not eating enough)

Has any1 had the same sort of back pain that i've got?

When i bend down to touch my toes its sore as hell on lower back... and when i arch my back like when you lock out at the top of a deadlift.,..

This is worst when i wake in the mornings...

How long am i gonna be out of training i've already had 2 weeks off

some give me some advice im all

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    You should go to a doctor.

What caused this back pain? Can you trace it's origin back to a specific event?

2 weeks ago on a flat bench press.... on my 3rd set i squeezed a 8th rep out by arching my back,,,,

I've seen my doctor he didnt give me much advice he just gave me some pain relief pills and that was it.

how long does this sort of pain last ?

Depends on the injury. When I hurt my back, I couldn't do any serious lifting for 2 months. Yes it sucked to be out that long, but I'm glad I took the break. I still did some lifting, but not anything hardcore.

If your back still hurts after 3 weeks then see the doc again.
    Last edited by Max-Mex; 06-06-2004 at 10:58 AM.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

it's the start of the 3rd week 2moz so im gonna ring a chiropractic up tomorrow and get myself checked out.

I'm gonna continue training but im not going to be doing any heavy stuff for my back atleast

I hurst my lower back years ago. I kept re-injuring time and time again. It would go out when I sneezed! I talked to some experienced guys at the gym and they suggested easing into some lower back exercises. I did hyperextensions once a week - first without weight - and gradually started doing them with some weight. Now I can sneeze any time I want without fear of my back going out!

kirman, i did the same when i benched one time and learned a very important lesson, don't EVER arch your back to the slightest while benching because i did a little bit, not much at all, and still pulled my lower back. it hurt, but not to the severity of yours, all i did was take time off till it didn't hurt anymore and eased back into things, which sounds like what you're doing.

get better and bench big
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

deppending on what the chiropractic person says tomorrow i will hopefully continue to train as normal.

But once im back to 110% healthy i train twice as hard to make up for what i've missed.

My back doesnt hurt all the time like now it isnt hurting... it only hurts when i stretch to touch my toes... and when im comming back up to the starting postition from that. Seems weird but it annoys me and will effect me on deads and squats...

how long was you out of training for ?

out of training

my pulled lower back only cost me one week of plus one week light work
    better to get over it once than hurt it again and start all over again and take twice as long
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits