Thread: what is the best way to prepare your body for a bulking diet?

what is the best way to prepare your body for a bulking diet?

Right now I am cutting but I am going to start bulking in 4 weeks. Should I just start raising my daily calorie leveals two weeks before or what? I don't want my body to be shocked by increasing the calories to quickly making me gain fat.

yes

so slowly increasing my calories would do it? Would It be good to eat even more than 6 meals a day?

on a bulk it doesn't matter so much, because you'll probably be eating such large quantities of food that you wont be catabolic except for at night anyway, You might even be fine eating 3-4 meals per day rather than 6 as you won't be running the risk of being anabolic nearly as much as someone on a cut. So spacing the meals is much more vital to the person on the cut.

Yes to slowly increasing the calories slowly, if your on a cut now ur metabolism is accustomed to x amount of calories, if you jump in calories to fast your metabolism wont be able to keep up and you'll add that extra weight on in fat most likely.
    So slowly raising your calories over 2 weeks should help you minimize fat gains while you raise your metabolic level. another thing u could do is use thermogenics at this time which will raise your metabolism to help keep up with your added intake... (this is just random thoughts, I have no data to back this up)
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 06-07-2004 at 10:07 AM.