Thread: is it required to change routines?

is it required to change routines?

is it really necessary to be changing a routine ever 10 weeks, or if i like, i can stick to it and if anything, just modify and exercise here and there.

I would just change the routine if you stop seeing results from it i.e. your body has adapted to it. Plus, changing your routine keeps you from getting bored!

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Muscle Church High Priest
    I agree with Beast. Normally, I would stick with a routine from anywhere to 8 to 10 weeks; this gives you adequate time to increase your strength for the routine. Muscles tend to adapt to routines (called plateau), so you need to change it up a little bit to shock your muscles into growth and to break the monotony of the workout. Hope this helps.
    Email: gpowbb@yahoo.com

Three things to remember: (1) be disciplined, (2) train hard, and (3) eat right

Yeah, i def change my up also, from boredom, and your body gets used to it.
    "Color outside the lines"

I don't think it's necessary physically.

You could definitely just switch up an exercise here and there without overhauling your entire routine- I think it's good for the mental side of lifting.

well crap guys, u took most of what i was gonna say but oh well it's said lol. i just change about every 2-3 months. it feels good to change, especially if you've already made good gains in your goal and r looking foreward to improving FURTHUR. it's not required, but plateau sucks a**
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

skinny white boy
    Stick with a routine until it stops working.