The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Routine idea...

Routine idea...

I wrote this routine coz someone on this board works different parts of the back on different days and has basically a huge back. I know its high in volume but as some of u may know i always write high volume routines as i can handle it, although those heavy deadlifts r gonna make me feel like throwing up afterwards lol

Monday-Main back, Bis, Hams, Hams, Calves
    Bent over BB rows 3x6
    Seated lever row 3x8
    Bent over DB row 3x8
    DB Curls 3x6
    Incline DB curls 3x8
    Concentration curls 3x8
    Deadlifts 3x6
    Static holds 3xmax
    SLDL 3x6
    Good mornings 3x8
    Laying leg extensions 3x8
    Standing calf raises s/set with reverse calf raises 3x15

Wednesday-Lats, Chest, Tris, Legs
    Chins 3xmax w/bw (target-to reach 6 at bodyweight)
    Close grip pulldown 3x8
    Seated cable pullover 3x8
    Barbell bench press 3x6
    Incline DB press 3x8
    Incline flyes 3x8
    DB Decline press 3x8
    Close grip bench press 3x6
    Cable pushdown 3x8
    DB tricep extension 3x8
    Smith squats 3x8
    Single leg laying leg extension 3x8

Friday-Shoulders, Lats, Neck, Quads, Calves
    Seated DB press 3x6
    Rear lateral raises 3x8
    Single arm lateral raises 3x8
    Upright DB row 3x8
    Dumbell shrugs 3x8
    Gripless shrugs 3x8
    Weighted neck extension 3x8
    Weighted neck flexion 3x8
    Squats 3x6
    Leg press 3x8
    Seated leg extension 3x8
    Seated calf raises 3x15
    Last edited by Jezmason; 06-10-2004 at 04:22 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    I hope your gonna be on a bulk for that routine....looks like 2+ hours a session.

good exercises picked out, one suggestion though:

on each day pick an area to focus on and do your THREE exercises for that BP, then only do TWO for the other BP's that day,

this will give you some variety (allowing you to pick two out of the three listed) as well as give you 9 exercises to do instead of 12 cutting your gym time down and allowing for more INTENSITY on the BP you pick to do three exercises for.
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

But i thought u were supposed to strictly stick with the same excersises each week and could i concentrate on a different bodypart each week, example, main back one week, bis the next, quads the next. Im not sure coz im used to high volume and id just feel lazy if i dropped the volume lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jezmason
    But i thought u were supposed to strictly stick with the same excersises each week and could i concentrate on a different bodypart each week, example, main back one week, bis the next, quads the next. Im not sure coz im used to high volume and id just feel lazy if i dropped the volume lol

no wrong answer here, different people do different things. for myself I change stuff up all the time and even developed a rotating split with different exercises each week for bulking.

the idea behind keeping the same exercises each week works too cause your gonna get more effeciant at THAT exercise every time you do it. your body is smart, it will find the most efficent way to do something if you keep doing it. (I think I said that right)

right now, I am keeping my exercises the same cause I am on a cut, and I WANT to become effiecient, I dont have time or calories to deal with confusing my body right now LOL

nothing wrong with the original routine, just offered a suggestion. I dont think you would feel lazy if you upped the intensity and droppped 2-3 exercises off that there list.

go with how you feel, some days I do MORE than on my routine, some days I do LESS than planned.....just my .02

If you want to keep consistancy, maybe focus on back and always do three exercises for back (hell, even four exercises) and then 2 exercises for the other BP's.....or switch hit it like you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by jezmason
    could i concentrate on a different bodypart each week, example, main back one week, bis the next, quads the next
    this is an excellent idea as well....

point is, whatever you decide to do STICK with it for 6-8 weeks and see how your gains are. If they are GOOD gains (consider yourself golden) and keep doing this routine for your bulks......if your gains SUCKED then use some of these suggestions to change it a bit, and try that for another 6-8 weeks until you get a GOLDEN ROUTINE

trick is to be lucky as hell and get to the golden part and find YOUR specific routine as quick as possible.
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

Yeah thanks, for a newbie my back has been makin great gains ( see progress pics http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=48852 ). Im just doin this to try and improve further as my lats are quite weak and Maroon has seen good results with it apparently. Oh yeah, nice pics, its amazing the difference those last 10ibs made compared to the other pics, topped u up real good!

thanks, pics look good bro...keep focusing on that back, youll be glad you did.
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's

Thanks a lot dude