Thread: subwat diet good for cutting?

Banned

subwat diet good for cutting?

Im already doing TKD...but do u think the Subway diet is a good idea for cutting. I weigh at 178 now, trying to cut down to at least 160, preferrably 150 by September 4th. Do u believe TKD is better than doing Subway? I know Subway would be just 3 meals a day, and it opens at 10am, so its kinda hard to have a breakfast...but Subway diets look good...your thoughts?

Is your post a joke?

subway isn't even a good diet for bulking...

if your doing things half assed then sure its fine...hell mcDonalds is fine then
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 06-07-2004 at 08:57 AM.

I don't get it. What do you do? Eat while on the subway? The movement of the train has some sort of effect on your metabolism? jk

Really, I don't think Jerod is the man to be following for your diet. What do you do on the 'Subway' diet? Eat three subs a day? Doesn't sound like the ideal cutting diet to me. I guess if your total cals are low enough and you get out of bed around 9:30 to hit subway for 10:00 for your breakfast you might be ok. You need to prime your metabolism by eating first thing in the morning. Eating smaller meals throughout the day, especially when cutting, is also important. You don't want to feel like your starving. Split your sub up into six meals would help as well.

How tall are you? 178 to 150 sounds like a lot of weight.

melt
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Hey Geoff, you beat me to it. Gotta learn to type faster.

Subway does have one chicken breast sub that isn't to bad. Full chicken breast on whole wheat isn't a bad meal. Roast beef is good as well. Problem is that a 12" sub is a lot of friggin' carbs. Get a six inch, pay for the 12" and get the extra meat. Not bad for a bulking diet but definitely not suited to cutting.

meat
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Wannabebig Member
    The wraps are pretty good and low carb..

You could get the 6" and pay like $1 for double meat....
    Yummmmm Subway

Subway is good for nothing. I mean look at jerrad, sure he lost weight, but id be interested to learn his overall bodyfat level.

Jerod is a fat skinny guy. I would never base my goals on his diet.

What is so special about subs?

Some fat ass lost a bunch of weight by eating nothing but three of these per day. Now everyone has labeled Subway as a healthy fast food place.

Hulking bulking bruiser Minotaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    Is your post a joke?

subway isn't even a good diet for bulking...

if your doing things half assed then sure its fine...hell mcDonalds is fine then
    Actually, Geoff, Subway is not all that bad, believe it or not. Almost everything is fresh (the meats are prepackaged).

One of the better sandwiches is a 6" roasted chicken or roast beef on wheat, loaded with vegs. As someone said, for $1 more you can double the meat. The protein content of the whole sandwich will be about 40g, with under 6g of fat and about 47g of carbs. And if you're ketoing, the wraps are a good bet. Not to mention the salads.

dont get me wrong I absolutly love subway.
    I've pounded 3 foot long cold cut trios in a sitting.
    And every time I go there I always walk out with 2-4 of the foot long things...6" would just be a tease.
    extra oil, extra hot pepper, lettuce, onions and black peppers is my thing + extra salt.
    The better subways cut the bread on the top and cut out the V shaped chunk of crust, ghettos subways just make a straight line slit which causes your fillings to pour out.
    I love subway, I'd get an IV drip of the stuff if I could *LOL*

but I'm not sure how good all the processed foods and breads on a cut.
    Bottom line is that your calories are what counts and if you can fit 3 subway subs into your caloric goals then thats all that matters!
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 06-08-2004 at 09:30 AM.

Everything is wonderful in moderation.

harryhoudini66 Jerod is a fat skinny guy. I would never base my goals on his diet.

Hahahahahahahaahh thats too funny. I have been saying that ever since they came out with those commercials. That guy is a sloppy bag of bones. And I bet you his skin is all lose and nasty. I am going to go throw up now. And save myself the calories
    Last edited by NormalDude; 06-08-2004 at 10:52 AM.
    I want to be a gladiator on Spartacus. Or at least be on the same cycle as them.

Measurements

Height - 6'
    Weight - 247 lbs
    BF% - 16

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    Everything is wonderful in moderation.
    including moderation.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Grasshoppa
    They did a documentary on him. His diet consisted of skipping breakfast, then eating 1 sub for lunch, then one for dinner.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    Ok dudsey, it's all about calories! Eating subway will give you way less calories than if you went to McD's and supersized yourself like that moron did. At least he's getting money for it. If you wanna go on that stupid Subway diet, just go to the freakin' Wal-Mart and get cheap lunchmeat and bread and cheese! You can even put mayo or pickles!

*walks away in frustration...Subway diet....UGH*
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog