The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

preparing brown rice?

how do u preprare brown rice?
    Is it possible to just use a rice cooker and cook it the same way u would with white rice?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Grasshoppa
    Yep, it's rice...
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

but its not the same....
    *cries*

Just throw some rice, water, a touch of salt, and vegetable oil in the rice cooker and hit the button. Just use a little more water than normal with the brown rice. You can skip the vegetable oil but it really helps with the taste, so it's up to you. I guess it depends on the rest of your diet whether you do or not.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 06-09-2004 at 10:17 PM.

mmm... discipline
    Brown rice is much healthier and it takes longer to cook. If you don't have a rice cooker, you bring some water to a boil, put in half as much rice as there is water (so there is 2x as much water as rice) and let it simmer for 30-60 minutes. Its done when it is soft and not crunchy. You might have to add some water as it cooks, or even drain some when its done. I eat it daily.
    *drools, scurries off to get brown rice*

Chocolate CytoGainer Whore ~)BsT(~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan936
    Brown rice is much healthier and it takes longer to cook. If you don't have a rice cooker, you bring some water to a boil, put in half as much rice as there is water (so there is 2x as much water as rice) and let it simmer for 30-60 minutes. Its done when it is soft and not crunchy. You might have to add some water as it cooks, or even drain some when its done. I eat it daily.
    *drools, scurries off to get brown rice*
    That is exactly how I prepare brown rice. Two cups water and one cup brown rice. I also cut one habanero pepper into small peices and let that cook with it. mmmmm, I love it.
    I wish i was you so I could be friends with me

You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body

rice cooker? this a pressure cooker? or a steamer? or both?

I fill a pot with water, boil it, put in the appropriate amount of rice, cook for whatever the time is (usually 20) then drain...perfect rice every time
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 06-10-2004 at 10:20 AM.

yeah, but brown rice is a whole diffrent animal. I have tried making it twice and it comes out crunchy. I am going to try what the guys here are saying as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    rice cooker? this a pressure cooker? or a steamer? or both?

I fill a pot with water, boil it, put in the appropriate amount of rice, cook for whatever the time is (usually 20) then drain...perfect rice every time
    No it is just for rice, it is really convienient and the rice comes out great almost everytime, provided you use enough water that is.

The reason the rice comes out so good with the rice cooker is because of how it works. It just keeps getting hot until all the water is absorbed by the rice, once all the water gets absorbed by the rice the rice is done, this is assuming you added enough water. When all the water is absorbed the temperature inside the cooker starts rising above 100 C so the cooker turns off at just the right time. It also saves electricity compared to boiling. To heat up rice that has been cooked just mix it and splash a bit of water in it and it heats up just right.

Here's some pictures.
    http://www.appliances.com/dept/x0x2677.html

The model I have is similiar in style to one of the lower priced ones, nothing fancy and it works amazing.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 06-10-2004 at 06:27 PM.