The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Inner pec development

what is the best Ex. to build innder pec development?i need somehting that will bring my pecs inwards and bulk that area up .
    thanks in advance.
    d.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Hey White Lightening, welcome to the forum..

Let me warn you this has been debated to death over the last few months...

Bear with me for a few minutes and I will see if I can point you to some relevant threads for you on this subject..

Try searching for "inner pec" and "outer pec" and the famous "upper chest"

To sum up the overall conclusion on these topics the chest is one muscle. Most believe that portions of it cannot be targetted.. A lot depends on genetics too..

I mean ever notice looking at pro bb'er's that they all have different chest shapes? Well if you could use certain exercises then they would all have perfect pec development.

IMO just concentrate on getting stronger on bench pressing (whether it be flat or incline) and dips.

Hope that helps..
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

hulk.. i appreciate your warnings
    i am starting to work out after about 10 months off, and i have found varying my grip on bench and incline/decline seems to build more "inner" pec the closer i get. Obvioulsy you get to a point where it is more a tricep ex. then a chest work out.. but im trying to find that dead center point. I was told by one of the pros that "doing flat dumbell's as well as flat bar bench will help inner pecs" but this acomplishes the same as moving my grip in.
    right now im up to a hefty 275lbs. my goal is to get back down to 250 and bench 505.
    in jan when i stoped i was 260 and was repping 315 about 17 times ( clean, no help m no cheating)..
    now i feel like a fat ass.. i have been back for 2 weeks.. and on my second chest work out only managed 8 clean reps of 315 and several negatives so i have a long way to go.
    i hope to get as much info from this forum as i can.
    d.

Pretty impressive numbers for just coming back into it

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Well; you are going to have those that say you can't train different parts of the chest/pec (warning once again). But if you are at least looking for the inner chest 'burn' do some sort of fly exercise/pec deck and squeeze at the top of the motion.

yeah.. i was thinking , pec decs, cable cross overs and flys etc.
    my goal for 3 months is to get back to 315 for at least 12-15 reps ( per set).
    i dont normaly max.. but the best i ever did on a max was 465 ( after doing 315x12 nd 405x5).
    the 2 things i never focusedon before which i am now.. is diet and cardio.. i started doing cardio yesterday.. and changed up my diet (3 decentsmall meals. and 2 meal replacements during the day)
    i hope in 6 months i can get down to a bigger, leander 250lbs. which will be a good "starting" point for REAL hard core "geting shredded" at my heigh of 5'7"

Post a picture of yourself White Lightning, you must be built like Paul Anderson to have have power like that. I will assume you must have huge legs as well, being that you are 275 lbs at 5'7" tall.

damn you must be huge WhiteLightning please post a pic of yourself

naaa. Im FAR from well build.. i have high body fat (which i am working ) and moderatly large legs..
    im just heavy.
    any where.. this is my fat ass.

that's right you are HUGE

i wouldnt call that huge i stood next to ronnie coleman and felt like a child. that was me 10 months ago just before i stoped working out.. so i gained some fat.. and lost some muscle.. i was 265 in that pic.. but.. i have no one to blame but me.. i have started working out again.. and doing cardio... and switched up my diet.. so i want to get really big now.
    d.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Wow. You are rather large. Got some serious power there. What kinda weight do you squat?
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

i dont squat any more.. owing to a back injurty a few years back.. i used to rep 5 plates though.. ass to ankles.. now i stick to legpress though..
    normal legpres work out isnt realy heavy.. Same range of movement of suqats. (ie as close to ass to ankles i can)
    3plates x 20
    4plates x 20
    5 plates x 20
    thats pre exhaust.
    then 6 plates x failure( normaly 15+)
    7 plates till failure.
    then i keep adding till i cant move it.
    clean form.. none of this moving it 4" and screaming.
    d.

Home of the 2002 Pacific Division Champ Sacramento Kings
    Everyone is a child standing next to Ronnie Coleman.

am i the only that only sees an x?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

tryska.. seems to be working for me..

I dont even see an X???
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Now, that's what I call traps. Damn!

I finally got the pic loaded and damn!!! Your Huge!! Good work man
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

I am sorry I have to disagree with you White, You are HUGE! Real good work.

damn bro, you ARE huge..

Its good to see you wanting to get lean, I think if you work on getting lean you will look totally awesome!!

I have to say anyone posting the type of stats you posted would get called out as BS but props for posting a pic to prove it

wow. thanks guys.. its hard working out and not going on the juice.. alot of my weight lifting buddys are squeezing.. and it sux to see people out grow you...But i am proud of my achievements because i am natural.
    I'm slowly getting my strength back and im slowly adding cardio ( its hard for me because i am asthmatic, so right now.. 5 minutes on the eliptica walker kicks my butt).
    but i am determined to get leaner .. i dont think i have the genetics to be super lean, but my final aim is around 235lbs with as low body fat as i can get.
    there are a few limiting factors though, one of which i feel is my inner chest. Once i have been consistantly working out again for 3 or so months i will see how it goes.. Like i said, im bulkier now then i was in that picture and less lean.. im actualy ashamed to post a current picture, but getting all the props form you guys really motivates me to hit it harder. I have spend a few years perfecting my routine but i never train consistantly.
    onve i get going, something always comes up and i miss 3-6 months.. or in this case , 10 months. Its also hard keeping trianing partners owing to the intensity i like to put into a work out.
    I am glad i foudn this site, reading over it seems there is a plethora of usefull information here that i shall tap in on, and other ppl just like me, who ar ejust working their butts off in the gym.. trying to find the limits of their body.
    d.

Hulk , yeah.. several times i have had ppl call BS on my bench for some reason.. It seem they doubt that a natural person can do it. Right now.. im down to 315 for 8 reps. but like i said.. that was my second chest work out in 10 months. I'm taking it easy right now as i dont want to hurt anything, but im hoping in 3 months to be back up to doing sets of 12.. and in 6 months or less (broad goals) to be repping 315 for 15-17 or 365 for sets of 10.
    d.

I will tell you I won't be calling out BS because...errr welll...you know your BIG!!!! Good luck sheding some weight and I know what you mean, since finding this site my motivation has gone through the roof.

Definitely big, looks (and sounds) like you have great genes to be a record breaking bench presser in the natural ranks.