The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Lat Question

Lat Question

Hey Guys -
    I was just starting my back routine with some lat pulldowns. With every contracton, I felt what I can only describe as a felling of an electrical shock in my right lat. I felt ok at the top, but it hurt like hell in mid-rep. I was doing them with palms facing my body for a little difference. Any thoughts?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It sounds like during the range of movement for the shoulder complex as the lat pulldown is performed under load....a nerve is getting pinched. To radiate all the way into the arm would imply that the nerve is getting trapped fairly high up (in the base of the neck/armit area).

The only advice i can give you is to really warm up and stretch out the area before you do it. Its probably something that will go away, but until it does avoid heavy loads. You will probably find that once you have warmed up, rotated, juggled about with and generally loosened the rotator cuffs and shoulder complex and arm that the shocks will vanish and after working the lats under load, probably (i say this hesitantly) will not come back either.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Augury; 06-09-2004 at 08:25 PM.

thanks brother!

And don't, DON'T do pulldowns behind your neck. Pull down to your chest. Impinging a nerve is not uncommon with pulldowns behind the neck.

Amen

Thanks. I never do them behind the neck. I was just doing a reverse grip. I havent felt anything since, so it must have been a one time thing. Thanks for the input guys!