Thread: Big Guns!!!

Wannabebig Member

Big Guns!!!

I am curious has anyone tried one of these extreme arm workouts that last 6 hours? I heard from a couple different sources it can put up to an inch on your arms.

Here's the program I read about:

You superset straight bar curls and tri pull downs. You do 3 sets of each for 8 reps and resting 30 seconds in between. You than rest for 25 minutes and than superset seated DB curls and tri extensions. You do both for 10 reps and rest 30 seconds in between and for 3 sets each. You than rest 25 minutes.

The program works out that you do each group of exercises 7 times each. You than rest for 4 days and it's supposed to put an inch on your arms. Has anyone tried this program or one similar to it?

Considering cortisol levels after 1 hour of lifting this sounds like a great way to lose muscle.

And where did u read this, Men's Health? Or some other b/s rag?

wow...i'm going to the gym right now and get me some BIG GUNZ!!!
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Wannabebig Member
    I've read this from a couple different sources and I talked to a few who have tried it or some variation of it. Some swear by it and our thought it was a huge waste of time.

How long does the inch on your "guns" last? An hour? Till the pump goes away?

I cant see any mechanism by which you could get such massive muscular and myofibril growth from what effectively ammounts to intense overtraining of a muscle group.

Actually...now i think about it...whats probably happening is that you not only get a crazy pump but you tear up the muscle something chronic. The inch on your "gunz" is probably muscular swelling from damaging them enough to make them swell up in an inflamed reaction. Expect the inch to go away again after the swelling goes down in a weeks time or the doc puts you on anti-imflamatories for biceps tendon strain Enjoy!

I would lean towards the huge waste of time side of the matter.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

u would just deplete glycogen levels all to hell and not repair crap for quite a while. i think the soreness u would get would be the result of injury.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Wannabebig Member
    I also lean towards the side of this being a huge waste of time. Seems to me it would be more harmful than helpful.

STOP! Max-Mex STOP!....

someone stop him going down the gym to get "big gunz"...hes going to do himself an terrible injury and was sucked mercilessly in by bs hype! oh no...*sees max vanish eagerly into the distance yelling things about "big gunz will be mine...oh yes...they will be mine"...

poor max. shame on you for posting that workout cjames. shame on you! now look what you made Max do

Way too long of a workout!
    Last edited by BIG C; 06-11-2004 at 09:40 AM.
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!

Wannabebig Member
    I feel shame by posting that workout.

No, do it Max-Mex, take a pic of it after the workout while pumped ,then take a pic a few days after, so we can prove the point that it's complete BULL****, there, subject over, MODERATOR...DELETE THIS THREAD!?! If that **** worked cjames, those ****ty mags would be making millions from subscriptions, and wed all be at the gym doing stupid amounts of sets and reps and have huowg arms! If im understanding it right that whole workout adds up to a grand total of 756! As i understand you do 84 reps each time (3x8 for straight bar curls and tri pushdowns=48, and 3x10 for db curls and tri extensions=60, thats 108 reps every time and u do it 7 times in total IF ive read it right...seems just a little stupid). Therefor my hypothesis(clever me) is that all these add an inch to your arms workouts are complete ballocks!!! THE END

Somebody pay a homeless dude $50 to do that, to see what happens

Yeah, bumfights style

Yea someone here from the boards tried it a while back and it didn't work.

Under Construction
    Sounds like a program for the Friday night lifters. Get a pump run home, put on a tight shirt and hit the clubs to show off your pumped "gunz."

I'll keep doing what works, thanks.
    Just one guy's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mpi
    Sounds like a program for the Friday night lifters. Get a pump run home, put on a tight shirt and hit the clubs to show off your pumped "gunz."
    BWAHAHAHA how did you know about that??? I used to be a Friday night lifter... to the letter

What makes your post great is the part about "running home"... what a great mental image!