Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New GYM

Why the change? Looks nice though.

25,000 square feet .... god!

The one i got to is like 1 room and 1 machine room, the freeweight is like probally 3 meters by 7 meters ... and one squat rack/power rack.
    Last edited by rapidshoter; 06-13-2004 at 04:34 AM.
    Saddam: "Bush is the real criminal"

Damn, how much does membership run you?
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    My favorite gym was one room, all free weight (and the compulsory machines, like seated calf, which isn't really much of a machine at all). It was under the concrete stairs of a basketball arena. The walls were draped in black curtain, so as to reduce the appearance of mold and mildew. The floors had some mats in places, but most of it was concrete. Blood stains were everywhere, as well as some puke stains. There was a trash can in the corner for you to puke in if you needed it, a roll of duct tape and some superglue for wounds, and a couple of magazine cut outs of Dorian Yates and Arnold. There was an ancient cassette player in a corner, too, along with an old fashioned weight scale.

That gym was HARDCORE. The guys that lifted there, for the most part, were seasoned veterans of the iron game. I progressed more in that gym than in any other. It was finally taken away from us because somebody deemed it unsafe. After that, I tried to turn another place into the same kind of gym - but it never worked. At least I brought that mentality with me everytime I hit the iron, and it showed.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Gyno, now thats a gym! now thats a hardcore gym, the iron following isnt oftn big enough to substain a gym like that economically sadly.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Banned
    I prefer a plush gym, with good ventilation.

Looks nice Ogar

Nothin like a manicure after a nice set of squats
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

mmm... discipline
    That's the (sniff) most beautiful story (sniff), I've ever heard Gyno! *sobs* It sounded like a wonderful place.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2A
    Nothin like a manicure after a nice set of squats
    Or getting your clothes dry cleaned while you deadlift.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

or getting a Subway sub too

Quote Originally Posted by TBone4Eva
    Damn, how much does membership run you?
    http://www.platinumhfc.com/index.htm

I got in for $31.99 a month and my wife is $27.00 a month. If i refer somone in before the grand opening of July 1st. My memebership drops to $25.00 a month. The main reason we like it is they have a kids gym for the kids that are too old for daycare but too young to lift. They bought Natulis equpiment that is scaled down to childrens sizes and hired a trainer. They said they want to combat the growing epidemic of childhood obesity.

Man thats a good price for what looks like an awesome gym dude. Probably alotta cardio bunnies too
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Man thats a good price for what looks like an awesome gym dude. Probably alotta cardio bunnies too
    I bet but they gave them a 3500sq foot place of their own to workout in.

I bet at any point in time there will be 100 girls in there doing the stepper or on the floor stretching

Quote Originally Posted by SalahG
    Why the change? Looks nice though.
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=45767

After you read that thread you will understand. And the funny thing is they gave me 15 week long passes to give to anybody that i wish. And when i run out they will give me more no hard sell like my gym. I cant wait until July 1st when it opens. One of the owners is a major buliding contractor around this area so of course he is building it but its all top notch stuff. All the equpiment in brand new. But my favorite part is if i refer somone in my price drops to $25.00 a month

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    thats sweet...overall sweet

kid's gym = goldmine

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    Being a federal employee, I have access to 3 gyms . Two at work and one near my home. And I get them all for free.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

hell il become a postman just for the gym benefits--

ogar thats an amazin facility, i hope your happy in your new home--
    it all sounds too good to be true..

thats a great deal about referring someone-
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Quote Originally Posted by ogarchamplin
    http://www.platinumhfc.com/index.htm

I got in for $31.99 a month and my wife is $27.00 a month. If i refer somone in before the grand opening of July 1st. My memebership drops to $25.00 a month. The main reason we like it is they have a kids gym for the kids that are too old for daycare but too young to lift. They bought Natulis equpiment that is scaled down to childrens sizes and hired a trainer. They said they want to combat the growing epidemic of childhood obesity.
    Man, that is a great price for all the benefits you get.

Pssssst.....You think you can talk the owner into building one in D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by JTyrell710
    hell il become a postman just for the gym benefits--

ogar thats an amazin facility, i hope your happy in your new home--
    it all sounds too good to be true..

thats a great deal about referring someone-
    Thanks i am sure i will

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    My favorite gym was one room, all free weight (and the compulsory machines, like seated calf, which isn't really much of a machine at all). It was under the concrete stairs of a basketball arena. The walls were draped in black curtain, so as to reduce the appearance of mold and mildew. The floors had some mats in places, but most of it was concrete. Blood stains were everywhere, as well as some puke stains. There was a trash can in the corner for you to puke in if you needed it, a roll of duct tape and some superglue for wounds, and a couple of magazine cut outs of Dorian Yates and Arnold. There was an ancient cassette player in a corner, too, along with an old fashioned weight scale.
    Damn. Sounds like some bootleg make-shift gym made in a shelter after a fallout.
    Last edited by AllUp; 06-14-2004 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Cuz he can
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Wannabebig Member
    Silver Sneakers are pretty cool. At 4:30 in the AM, they are there religiously with the rest of the young bucks (relative term, I know).

I hope to have the get up and go that some of the 70 and 80 year olds have, when I get up there.

Having a kid friendly gym rocks as well, teachs the kids to enjoy healthy things (cardio bunnies included).

Thats cause they sleep at 630 pm.

Thats cause they sleep at 630 pm.
    Yep supper at 3:30pm