Thread: alternative for Breakfast

alternative for Breakfast

Hello all,

I need some suggestions to my breakfast.

I work 8 - 4:30 and as such do not have a whole lot of time in the morning between waking up and leaving for work (its a 45 min commute). I have been making omellettes on hard rolls in the morning, and I am beginning to get sick of them, having to force myself to finish them in the car. What other things could I eat to cycle in during the week, if I do not feel like eating eggs?

It should be mentioned that at 7:40 is when i eat my eggs, and at 9:30 - 10:30 [between this time] i have a 1/2 cup of oats with a little sugar (very little actually just to give it a better taste).

thanks all

Pimpology Professor
    You don't HAVE To eat breakfast food you know. Some days when i don't feel like eating eggs, i make a tuna sandwhich and 2 pb sandwhiches.

Edit: or you could fix a meal the night before. Make chicken or something and have it ready to go. Then all you gotta do is stick it in the microwave and JAM IT IN!
    Last edited by J_weik; 06-08-2004 at 12:02 PM.

chicken for breakfast,
    problem with that is that usually im not overly hungry in the morning to do that.
    also i cant have pb in the morning cuz i have pb and crackers and mixed nuts respectively between 1 - 4:30

Wannabebig Member
    i have 8-4:30 work as well with a 45min commute... i just mix a good amt of oat with water/honey.. and drink that stuff on the way to work.... other times just eat a banana milk dry fruits.

Wannabebig Member
    I just mixed some Low Fat Cottage cheese with some fruit (blueberries and rasberries), and splenda

tastes awesome!

I wannabebig!
    wake up earlier

I have a protein shake w/ a large combo of sources + some fats.

AtLarge Opticen with a tbsp or two of oil (olive, canola, hemp, udo, flax, etc) would be an ideal way to start the morning as it'll speed through ur system faster than solid foods to bang you outta your AM catabolic state.

Toss it in a shaker cup and drink it on the way to work at your leisure

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    wake up earlier

A shake of some sort. Egg whites, blueberries, fat free milk, and some whey. Nice quick breakfast that last long enough till my next meal if I'm in a hurry.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300