The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

What do you guys think of HIT bodybuilding?

Well I just started my bulk and wanted to know if i'd benefit more from HIT bodybuilding or just doing standard 2-3 sets for each exercise. Those not familiar with HIT its where you do 1 set of 6-10 to failure for every exercise, I've heard some good things about HIT training saying you'll gain mass more quickly and just wanted to know what everyones opinion on this was.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

My opinion is that pretty much any method of progressive weight training will 'work' to some degree.

I think HIT is at the lower end of the 'working' spectrum, although it may have it's place depending on the individual's situation.

For example - a 40 year old man with kids and a job who only has very limited time to hit the gym and limited recovery ability may find low volume HIT the way to go.

A 20 year old college student probably won't.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I think it depends on how HIT is applied. It's easily done incorrectly, as it is extremely hard to get the full benefits of an exercise with one 'death set'.

"Those not familiar with HIT its where you do 1 set of 6-10 to failure for every exercise"

that's too narrow of a view-- there are definitely a lot of people who dogmatically insist that it must be one, and only one set, for a certain rep range, but the real basis for HIT is going all out for one set, maybe two, and 'not leaving anything in the tank' for additional sets.

I personally wouldn't get much benefit from one set of 6 or 7 reps, that's too low of a rep range for my muscles to get going. For example, if I'm doing only one set, I need at least 10 full reps, usually a little more.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    its again all about genetics, if you can respond well to HIT then it is for you, personally i dont respond well to it.

but the best variation of HIT ive seen was implied by Dorian Yates he does alot of warm up sets then has his one big al out set ex.

if you can bench 300 for 8 reps max

205x8
    225x8
    250x8
    300x8+ some forced reps

this way seems to make alot more sense than just doing one all out set with no proper preparations and warmups...
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

I'd have to agree with this one. I found myself almost hurting some muscles unless I give them a few warmup sets.
    Want to be big? READ WBB ARTICLES!
    Deads 06 245...07 375...08 565---- Squat 2006 175.....2007 315----2008 505----Bench '06 155.....'07 260....'08 385---- weight - 260
    Goals:
    (11-08)Hit 1450 geared (class III - 600/500/350) current - 1455 geared
    Journal - Pics - ...9