The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Cracking Sound and Extreme Pain From Shoulder while sleeping

A few days ago after my leg day I went to bed as usual and woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of my shoulder making several horrible cracking noises, needless to say it hurt very badly. I screamed in pain and got out of bed for a few minutes until the pain faded a bit. I managed to fall back asleep but had a rough night sleep. The next morning my shoulder was in pain but I could move it. Ok so then the next night when I went to bed my shoulder felt much better, but then when I woke up I could barely move it because of the pain. After moving around a bit it started to fade again. This happened for like 2-3 nights, where I would go to bed with my shoulder feeling ok and then wake up with extreme pain.

Ok so now it has gotten to the point where I don't wake up in horrible pain, but it still bothers me in the morning and throughout the day. I cannot go to the doctor, I simply don't have the money to do this.

I remember sometime last year my shoulder I guess you could say "popped" in my sleep and it hurt for a few weeks and healed on it's own. I don't remember hearing cracking sounds though that time, unless I they happened while I was sleeping and missed them. Also before this I never really had shoulder problems when lifting. Needless to say I am not lifting till my shoulder is 100%.
    My question is, has anyone experienced this type of injury, and do you think it will heal on it's own?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    I remember sometime last year my shoulder I guess you could say "popped" in my sleep and it hurt for a few weeks and healed on it's own. I don't remember hearing cracking sounds though that time, unless I they happened while I was sleeping and missed them. Also before this I never really had shoulder problems when lifting. Needless to say I am not lifting till my shoulder is 100%. My question is, has anyone experienced this type of injury, and do you think it will heal on it's own?
    I had a friend that messed up his shoulder as you describe, only he did it lifting rather than in his sleep. He didn't go to the doctor for three weeks or so, but then he lost most of his mobility and couldn't lift his arm. Perhaps you pinched a nerve or something, that would help explain why your shoulder is feeling like it is. Also, if may be just as you described - it popping. Just go easy on it for the next week and see if that helps. If not, sorry dude but you're screwed.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Hey thanks for the reply. Well it's gotten a little better. It no longer hurts in the morning. The only time it hurts is when I lay down and put it into a certain position or when I try to pull on something, like if I were to try and pull a dumbell up from a bench with my arm it would hurt my shoulder. Anyways it's way better, I'm thinking it should be at 100% in about two weeks.