Thread: Equipment

Wannabebig Member

Equipment

Hi,

Today I received my York 401 MultiGym, and apart from not liking it at all, I just wanted to know your opinions on what I need really.

(Attached File) This is my gym. Pretty basic but the max weight is 80lb. The only type of bench press I can do is Seated Bench Press, and I can lift all the weights on the MulitGym at doing this, without much trouble.
    I read the York instructions and it says that I "Must not add any additional weights to the gym apart from the ones that came with it" so I'm unhappy about that.

I have no dumbells or any barbells.

I obviously need some dumbells which I will buy very soon but is this sufficient, this small MultiGym and a few dumbells?

Oh and the reason I dont go to a gym is because I am too slim to be seen anywhere near a gym.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (12.2 KB, 98 views)

thats not a reason to go to a gym- nobodys going to laugh at you, they were all small once too.
    i find it hard to believe 80lb is the max- call the company and ask if theres anyone to increase weight
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Quote Originally Posted by freestyler
    Oh and the reason I dont go to a gym is because I am too slim to be seen anywhere near a gym.
    oh man , that WAS my excuse too , i havent even started training yet ( waiting to get back from europe ) but tust me man , no ones going to critiscize you at all .

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah I know that it's just that I want to get the hang of things before I go back there. Like first do a couple a weeks at home.

Besides I like the idea of training at home it's just I'm begginging to think that if I train at home I aint going to acheive great results unless I have alot of equipment so I was just wondering what is sufficient.

Small MultiGym (Just Emailed York) + Good Set of Dumbells + Bench (With Incline) = Sufficient ?

I dont really want a barbell just yet besides I'll use that when I actually go back gym.

Wannabebig Member
    all i have is a flat/incline bench, a barbell, 2 adjustable dumbells and thats all i need...you could work every body part with just that

Motors, Music & Muscle HemiVision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lex
    all i have is a flat/incline bench, a barbell, 2 adjustable dumbells and thats all i need...you could work every body part with just that
    I think the ultimate home gym doesn't need to be much more than that. I'd want a power rack with a 3-way bench, a good olympic barbell set, and a range of fixed dumbells. I never found an adjustable set I particularly liked, mainly because the collars never stay in place.

Nice-to-have would be a cable machine.

a beter nice to have thing would be a thing to do dips on, when i can do em- dips are the best.- maybe a pullup/chinup bar to add to that
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

Wannabebig Member
    yeah as a matter of fact those are the two things i would love right bout now...but what i got is sufficient for a beginner..once i get some good gains ill go to a gym

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lex
    Yeah but you supposed to change your workout every so often arn't you? Like so your body doesn't adapt to it?

Btw, how often do you do this?

Wannabebig Member
    OK York said that you cannot add weight the the multigym but the max weight in some cases is 52kg because of cable resistance.

Guess I'll just have to put up with it and get some dumbells.
    Last edited by freestyler; 06-19-2004 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Prefere it to be in a seperate thread