The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Good deal on bands

Hey guys, I'm not advertising for these guys.... but I know how expensive bands are usually, so I thought I'd share this. I came across a good deal on ebay. http://search.ebay.com/powerlifting...rectZ1QQfromZR8 ... I guess theyre pretty much the same as the jumpstretch bands, except that theyre not colored. I still think it's a lot to pay for some damn rubber bands.... but this is the best deal I've seen so far. Anyone find a better deal?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Links not working for me. But, many people that have used jump-stretch and other bands have always preferred jump-stretch. JS supposedly last longer too.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

damn the link doesnt work... i guess just go on ebay and type in "powerlifting bands". the thing about these bands. they are supposedly made in the same factory as jumpstretch bands except that these bands are not put through the coloring phase. i'd get these if i had money :|

Just search powerlifting i found them there.

Wannabebig New Member
    I bought bands from www.ironwoodyfitness.com they are as good or better and I saved $$$. Jumpstretch and Dave Tate never give anyone a break on prices.

I have bands from ironwoody. they are awesome, my bench has went up faster than ever with the bands.I have had mine for a couple months and they have not lost any tension.

I wannabebig!
    anyone have an idea what kinda bands those are that is being sold on ebay right now?? the ones for like 45 bucks?

Are you talking about the onew from iron woody? you can buy them from his website also. ironwoodyfitness.com He has fast shipping.

I wannabebig!
    i noticed he does sell them on ebay for cheaper then the website, but I was referring to another seller who sells a set of 3 bands for 45

i wouldnt get any bands except the ones from ironwoody or the jump stretch bands.

I wannabebig!
    probably will jump on the jump stretch bands... how is everyone incorporating the use of them in their routines... like how often etc..

I use mine almost every week if my diet and sleep are in order. Their just to fun
    I almost always use them on DE squat, rotate 3 weeks on 3 off with speed bench, sometimes i put them on for platform deadlifts. I use them a ton for good am's and bench lockouts.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

I wannabebig!
    so if I were to do speed squats/box squats at 50% 1 rep max would I just throw on a band and use the same weight? or sorta compensate..
    Last edited by ryuage; 10-23-2004 at 12:42 PM.

I wannabebig!
    ended up investing in some iron woddy bands, hopefully it gets here before my next speed days.

are they the same size and strength as JS bandds? is color and price the only differencwe?

I wannabebig!

I use mine for benching 2 times a week one is a tri board day and one full range work. I have measured my bans, the smallest one i call minis are 30 at my chest and 65 at lockout that is doubled, next size is 52 at chest and 92 at lockout, next is 100 at chest and my scales wont go that high at the lockout. I am doing a JA routien, joeaveragepowerlifting.com I use the bands for speed, and Me days. bench is going though the roof. lol

I wannabebig!
    i sure hope they will help me in my quest for strength

Did you get a set of bands or just one pair. Hope you got some heavy dumb bells, i need more weight for mine. If i tie it around my rack it wants to pull it over.

I wannabebig!
    i got a set at the link posted above from ironwoodyfitness... it was cheaper then he was selling them on the website. I was also considering buying a set of the grippers he has.