The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Cool training method for those w/ a lagging leg (i.e. left weak than right)

Okay, I kind of stole this workout from someone else but I did it the other day and the results were fantastic. I've had to stop doing some (not all) barbbell exercises due to my left side being more weak (not smaller just much more weak - I figure due to months of TERRIBLE form when I went to a commercial gym and tried to use more weight) than my right. When I got to leg day I was stumped so I pulled out the ol' Charles Poliquin book and here's what I came up with.

Squat replacement = "Step-ups"
    I do these by taking a small box about mid-shin to bottom of knee height. Place one foot on the box and raise yourself. I think Poliquin meant to use these for hams, but I definately feel it more in my quads. And if it does work hams at all that's good anyway cause mine always lagged a little. I finish these up w/ a set or two of one legged leg extensions.

Leg curls - One-legged Leg curls.
    You could do these at a gym, but I have the sh*tty home version (bench attachment - blegh ) so I take off the bottom pads used for leg extensions (so I can let one leg hang w/out the pads hitting it.) These actually work quite well (for me at least), as I've been using them for a while. I think it would work better in a gym of your leg curl machine's lever comes from between your legs instead of to your left or right side. I'm looking for someway to rig my cables to the leg curl attachment so the resistance is continuous all the way through the ROM. If anyone knows how the hell I can do it, let me know.

Calf Raises - Dumbbell Calf Raises
    This is a no-brainer. I actually like these anyway even though my calves are ace, cause I can use 50 - 60 lb. dumbbells, as opposed to 250 or so lbs on a barbell. Plus I workout at home so the posts on my rack are all f*cked up from leaning the barbell against it (if you've ever had to use a squatting cage to do calf-raises you know what I mean.)

Well that's about it, you guys probably think it's crappy, but it seems to work for me. I'll let you guys know how things go w/ this in a few more weeks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

How do you know the results of a workout were fantastic within a couple of days?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.