The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

My toes are getting destroyed playing basketball

For some reason my toes just get beat up from the pounding and the running when I play basketball. I've only been playing for like 2 weeks. It started out with a little soreness in the big toe. Then it turned into a huge bruise in the toe nail. Now it's deteriorated into some bleeding. My feet have always gotten beat up from playing basketball but never this bad. I don't think it's the shoes I use the proper shoes with good cushioning. Anybody know how I should treat this, or how to prevent it in the future?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    I honestly dont see what it could be except your shoes unless you have a real awkward way of running

my feet would get beat up from running long distance. Things that helped included getting shoes slightly bigger than my feet and wrapping my toes in mole hair/taping them. My toes are curved a little down so they tended to smack down on the nail when I'd run. This smacking caused bruising and eventually the nail would fall off. Wrapping them/new shoes fixed this.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

I wannabebig!
    i know for running you're better off having a little room in the front of your shoe to prevent it from the impact with each stride.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    my feet would get beat up from running long distance. Things that helped included getting shoes slightly bigger than my feet and wrapping my toes in mole hair/taping them. My toes are curved a little down so they tended to smack down on the nail when I'd run. This smacking caused bruising and eventually the nail would fall off. Wrapping them/new shoes fixed this.
    Yeah that's exactly what I have. Occasionally toe nails have fallen off, certain toes just always throb like hell. I guess it could be that my toes are just facing down more than normal.

This thread is kinda gross. LOL.
    "I do what I got to do to play"

try this stuff on your feet www.bodyglide.com

i bet its your shoes' fitting
    I've been playing ball for 10 years, but never had problem except that the sole of my feet are totally screwed up...the skin is hard like rock
    Currently cutting

Quote Originally Posted by ogarchamplin
    try this stuff on your feet www.bodyglide.com

LOL, nope...the problem isn't chaffing, and bodyglide on your feet is dangerous and feels icky. Seriously...trim your toenails, get bigger shoes, and most definitely tape them to make them not curl down as much. PM me for specific directions. There's a way of doing it that I found tremendously helpful. Best of luck.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    LOL, nope...the problem isn't chaffing, and bodyglide on your feet is dangerous and feels icky. Seriously...trim your toenails, get bigger shoes, and most definitely tape them to make them not curl down as much. PM me for specific directions. There's a way of doing it that I found tremendously helpful. Best of luck.

www.bodyglide.com

If The Shoe Fits)B
    Basics )B With some basic facts, you can be more comfortable in your shoes. So before you reach for BODYGLIDE or any other product, take a moment to consider your needs.)B First the slightest movement of your feet inside your shoes in combination with perspiration (moisture) can lead to hot spots, burning and blisters. Is it the shoes? Sometimes - but often it is not. Read on)B

The Shoes Fit In The Store)B The shoes fit perfectly when you bought them. They felt good. They were comfortable. They were recommended and designed for your sport. But when you put them on and really used them, something was not right. You experienced some burning, some hot spots on the bottom of your feet )B or blisters.

What Happens )B Several things are different after you buy shoes and start to wear them. First, your foot gets hotter than when you are trying on shoes )B and thats normal. The temperature in and around your foot rises dramatically. To cool, your feet perspire. And to wick away the moisture, you wear sweat socks.)B But the slightest amount of moisture together with any movement of your feet inside within the socks and the shoes causes hot spots, burning )B and blisters. The more you experience any of the contributing factors, the higher the likelihood that you will experience resulting discomfort, irritation and pain.

The Variables)B Whether you experience hot spots and blisters, and where they occur, depends on your feet, the shoe design, your socks, how much time you spend in your shoes, temperature and humidity, and how much rubbing results from movement of your feet within your shoes.

Other Products You May Have Used)B Chances are that other products you may have tried on your feet have required that you rub them on with your hands, and it is likely those products are oily, greasy, messy and maybe even inappropriate. The ingredients in the products you have used are likely to include mineral oil, petroleum, petrolatum, oil (of some kind), water or maybe alcohol. You will not find those ingredients in BODYGLIDE.)B Among other products that have been used on feet include super glue (that)Bs true), duct tape, and anti-perspirants. Those are all inappropriate because, while they may stop perspiration, they block the pores of your skin and trap perspiration )B and your feet need to perspire to relieve the build up of heat.)B

BODYGLIDE )B Its not slippery, oily, greasy, or messy. It doesn)Bt need to be rubbed on with your hands. And it doesn)Bt block pores and trap perspiration and heat. Perspiration escapes and is wicked away by your socks, and BODYGLIDE creates an invisible, comfortable barrier to rubbing (friction). Simply swipes it on your feet before you pull on your socks. How good is it, and how long does it last? Please ask runners )B particularly ultra-runners who pound out marathons (26.2 miles) and distances of 50 miles and more. There)Bs a reason why BODYGLIDE is carried in virtually every running specialty store where, often, it)Bs the only product of its kind in the store.

Conclusion)B If necessary, try different shoes, different models of the shoes, or different socks.)B Even then, you may feel a higher level of comfort if you apply BODYGLIDE.

its either your shoes are huge, and your sliding around into the front- or the shoes are too small and your toe is too far at the end, and when you stop, your toe absorbs the impact.
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.