Thread: Close grip bench...

Close grip bench...

Everyone tells me close grip bench is best for mass in the triceps. I just have a few questions about the exercise. Should I do it first in my tricep workout? And where do you guys grip it? Right now im gripping it thumbs touching each other. My wrist usually kill me when i do these...If i go wider im using less triceps right? I really feel it in my triceps but i see people griping it wider and going heavier. What is better closer and lighter or a little wider and heavier?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by beachmuscles
    Everyone tells me close grip bench is best for mass in the triceps. I just have a few questions about the exercise. Should I do it first in my tricep workout? And where do you guys grip it? Right now im gripping it thumbs touching each other. My wrist usually kill me when i do these...If i go wider im using less triceps right? I really feel it in my triceps but i see people griping it wider and going heavier. What is better closer and lighter or a little wider and heavier?
    The best way to do any exercise is the way that causes you no pain. By pain I mean if it hurts you to do a certain exercise a certain way. Going a little wider should not negatively impact on the triceps, especially if it allows you to use more weight.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 06-22-2004 at 06:31 PM.

I agree with Extreme.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!