Thread: SF's Bench Shirt - 1st Impression

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar

SF's Bench Shirt - 1st Impression

I got a new Inzer Blast bench shirt. Made sure to size it correctly, etc. Here are my observations:

1) When the instructions for putting it on and taking it off say to have someone help, THEY MEAN IT.
    2) The area near my armpits is now SORE.
    3) My best bench in the last 12 months was 275. With the shirt on I hit 360. This seems unreal and makes me wonder if the shirt is too small or what's happening. I was more confident using a wide-grip today, but 345 simply wouldn't touch and 360 popped way up.
    4) I love it.

Is this your first time ever trying a bench shirt? I only ask as others have said it takes a few sessions to learn the proper groove and start seeing gains from it.

I will probably use mine the first time this week or next, and it would be cool if there was some hope of getting something out of it right off the bat. Especially with my competition coming up in three weeks. :|

Since i'm on the subject, how did you cope/learn/break in your squat suite? It's the same deal, I've had it for a while, but haven't tried it yet. I'm guessing I can get this on without help eh?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

The suit was real easy for me to get into. It takes patience and damned if the material doesn't play hell on your knuckles, but it can be done by yourself. Getting used to it was a pretty quick process. It pointed out my flaws in form, but once I got things a bit more in order there, it started helping right away.

I bought a bench shirt on ebay (dumb idea, I know) a while back and could not get the hang of it. I never had trouble getting it on, so I assume after today that means the shirt and I were not compatible.

Is the Blast a single poly? I have a Fury so if I can actually get anything out of it by the time of my comp I'll be happy.

Lol, I just spent over $1,100 today on equipment just so I could bench at home to learn my shirt.
    Last edited by ElPietro; 06-24-2004 at 02:29 PM.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

It's single layer. I assume it's poly.

And I understand the benching at home desire. I'd be embarrassed to ask some guy at the gym to help me undress. Especially once the guy realized there was going to be real effort involved.

i dont get it...whats the point of wearing a special shirt when you bench ? i mean how is that really going to help ?

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    Since i'm on the subject, how did you cope/learn/break in your squat suite? It's the same deal, I've had it for a while, but haven't tried it yet. I'm guessing I can get this on without help eh?
    It matters what kind of suit you have. Inzer suit are natorious for having really tight straps in which you WOULD need someone to help ya. Titan on the other hand don't have 'as' tight of straps and you might be able to get them up by yourself.
    Try to get someone else to help though cause it'll make the process a whole lot easier.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

I've got an Inzer Hardcore and I can get into it by myself, it just takes patience and accepting that my knuckles are going to be raked raw. But it's worth it, every penny.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    That is a ridiculous carryover for that shirt!!! You must be well over 300 raw right now, but still very good. If that is the single-ply blast, you are doing very well and I'd sat it fits good. Just to let you know my buddy used that as his first shirt and his raw bench was ~380-385. He never hit more than 410 in it and his triceps are strong as hell. He was routinely doing lockouts with 600+ and now in a good shirt he has officially benched 610@242 in a meet and 625 in the gym.

Eventually I'd suggest for your next shirt to get a higher quality shirt with an open back. Open back shirts are not only more versatile since you can adjust them, but also much easier to get on and off and more comfortable. Good luck with 400!!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

I ordered a Metal Pro Bencher a few days ago. I can't wait to try it out.
    Squat - 505
    Bench - 325
    Deadlift - 550
    Total - 1380@175

I have a Fury on the way. My board presses arnt much more than my flat so i hope it helps.

The fury is a probably the best single ply poly shirt out there. It takes awhile to figure it out, but once you do it's all worth it. I just hope you didn't order from Titan.
    Squat - 505
    Bench - 325
    Deadlift - 550
    Total - 1380@175

Nope, bought it from an individual. I should have it tomarrow.

Neollagnailati
    DK, is that how you recommend getting one? Does Titan charge too much, or what?

NO they just take for ever to send it.

Go to www.plgearoline.com They show the Fury in stock sizes 42-54 i think. She will answer your ?s pretty fast also.

http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FITGLOVE

Knuckle protection. Might want to check these out.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300