The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    the kid from oz

how many actually use a diet

how many people here actually go by a certain diet and dont eat junk food and stuff

maybe it would be better to ask how many people DO use a diet?? cos i know i sure dont, i try eat healthy stuff and heaps of protien and stuff, but i dont have enough self dicipline to eat alllll healthy stuff and boot the chips etc..

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Rockin' the midlife crisis xraygirl's Avatar
    What I do is stay away from junk and 2nd helpings from Mon-Fri. I also reduce my starch intake during the week days. On Saturday, I eat what I want all day and on Sunday I scale back. That's my diet, so to speak.

Most people here don't use a specific diet but have some eating habits,that are different than the other people's ones.Staying away from junk food is not enough in my opinion.

Rockin' the midlife crisis xraygirl's Avatar
    I'm not a big "junk-food" eater. Should have been more specific Just excess food. Get what my body needs and nothing more on Mon-Fri. For me it is a diet because I love rice, pizza and the occasional beer or glass of wine. So I save it for Saturdays.

the kid from oz
    yeah but blackalpha i dont think everyone here are professional body builders either, staying away from junk food probably is enough for most..

Of course..
    I didn't say that anyone here's a bb.I said that most people here have different eating habits than the average person.

I eat a lot oatmeal for meals 1 and 2 about every day. If I wrote down my diet you'd see some staleness to it. Its basically the same thing day in and day out.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

3:16
    i try and avoid junk food. however my my definition of junk food may be different to yours.

i eat the same **** every day
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

**is on a diet.

you mean like actually count calories, and use and know the macro breakdowns on what i eat each day?

no. i figured out my diet a few months ago, and now i use that as a guideline for what i eat each day. obviously there is a sh*tload of stuff i don't eat for various reasons....but whatever.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Everyone has a diet, it's what you eat.

The issue is whether you measure and monitor what you eat.

The answer for me is ... mostly

"Management begins with measurement"

"Failure to plan is planning failure"

I'm on a diet. I know exactly how many calories, carbs, protein, and fat I get in everyday.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Mine right now is simple. 7-8 small, clean meals Monday through Saturday. Then on Sunday I eat anything and everything!
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Devastatingly Hardcore KryptoAllez's Avatar
    Originally posted by Avatar
    I'm on a diet. I know exactly how many calories, carbs, protein, and fat I get in everyday.
    Me too, and a cutting diet at that.
    Train Hard Or Go Home

Originally posted by Avatar
    *** Ditto.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

I always know what I will eat the next day. It all of course depends on whether I'm cutting or bulking. I've found this to be much easier to do when I use www.fitday.com You just have to make sure you get the right serving sizes.

but not that small either
    Here's my bulking diet:

I eat anything anytime I want as long as I get around 250-300 grams of protein a day and I drink around 2 gallons of water a day, and eat both saturated and unsaturated fat.

After 4 months of bulking I can still see my top 2 abs somewhat, and have added a lot of muscle too and some fat too.

3:16
    I had grazing diet today where i ate at least a couple of bits every 20 minutes. for over 10 hours.
    though it was on chicken and salmon and salad. with the odd fslice of bread now and then.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

I have about 20 different things that I eat every day, and each meal I just mix and match to get my calorie intake each meal. While cutting I would get a little more specific.

yeah...i definitely need variety...same old same old

I do. Right now it's a ckd but I always keep track of the calories I consume.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties