Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11

Fahrenheit 9/11

Saw it last night. Wow. Great film.

I don't think it will change a single person's mind.

Discuss.

i don't like to see one sided political films...i didn't see passion of the christ either...

maybe a fair balanced film would interest me more...
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Banned
    Dying to see it.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGberg
    i don't like to see one sided political films...i didn't see passion of the christ either...

maybe a fair balanced film would interest me more...
    That is seriously senseless comparison........

I am eagerly awayting for a chance to see it too.

Anybody seen Control Room yet? It looks interesting. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's a documentary about the Al Jazeera tv channel during the war in Iraq, contrasted with US media sources.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by restless
    That is seriously senseless comparison........

I am eagerly awayting for a chance to see it too.
    I think it's an apt comparison. However, saying that you don't want to see something because it prevents a strong viewpoint is a little silly. If all you want to see is moderation, well, life will be pretty boring.

I saw Michael Moore on The CBS morning show yesterday. The gal interviewing him looked like a fool getting all upset when he mentioned the news people have a responsibility to uncover the truth. If I was the program director, I would have her interviewing the BBQ blurb from now on. Plan to see his movie today

Quote Originally Posted by aidano
    Anybody seen Control Room yet? It looks interesting. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's a documentary about the Al Jazeera tv channel during the war in Iraq, contrasted with US media sources.
    That would cool to watch. Nothing chaps Bush's ass more than Al Jazeera.

As far as 9/11 goes, I'll wait for the DVD to come out. I want to see it, but I'd rather watch it at home.
    Last edited by Max-Mex; 06-26-2004 at 11:05 AM.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Wannabebig New Member
    I want to see it to be informed on Michael Moore and left wing morons like him but at the same time I dont want to put money in his pocket .

I saw his other films and interviews and he has absolutely no objectivity on politics and Bush . He has an adgenda and that is what you see . There might be something in his film worth seeing but it gets boring watching his rants for 2 hours .

He is the same as the right wing morons he rants about ...
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Eh, I don't want to support that fatass Moore.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Wannabebig New Member
    Did anyone read his interview in Playboy? he was talking about how we are morons since we cant catch Bin Laden .

He said he would have the Israelis find him .
    That statement alone shows how stupid he is . The whole middle east would be at war and us in the middle of it if we sent in the Israelis ... what a buffoon .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

the only good about michael moore is the portrayal of him on madTV. they crack me up.

seriously though, he needs to die. all he ever tries to do is run down the only country that would allow him to make such garbage films. all he is is an overgrown college dropout liberal extremist. maybe he should take some of his precious time to appreciate where he lives. if he is so goddamned genious in the realm of politics, then why doesnt he run for office? cuz he doesnt have the balls to play in the game. he's an idiot.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brawl
    I saw his other films and interviews and he has absolutely no objectivity on politics and Bush . He has an adgenda and that is what you see . There might be something in his film worth seeing but it gets boring watching his rants for 2 hours.
    1) Holy crap! You mean someone who makes a film might have a strong opinion on something??? Oh my god. Section 4, subchapter 7 of the thought police code requires all films to be Fair and Balanced, just like Limbaugh and Hannity.

2) This movie is nothing like his other films. There is no ranting at all. Indeed, there is very little Moore at all. Not much on screen time, just a few interviews, and not much voice over.

3) See the film. It will make you think. That's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    the only good about michael moore is the portrayal of him on madTV. they crack me up.

seriously though, he needs to die. all he ever tries to do is run down the only country that would allow him to make such garbage films. all he is is an overgrown college dropout liberal extremist. maybe he should take some of his precious time to appreciate where he lives. if he is so goddamned genious in the realm of politics, then why doesnt he run for office? cuz he doesnt have the balls to play in the game. he's an idiot.
    Well, the above quote shows how effective he is. Your anger is his goal. He wins.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash

3) See the film. It will make you think. That's not a bad thing.
    I'm betting it will make me think of a better way I could have spent my 10 dollars on the ticket.

honestly, this movie is for conspiracy theorists and college professors who try to persuade stupid college kids.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

lol yes, he now has control over my emotions, damn him.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    all he ever tries to do is run down the only country that would allow him to make such garbage films.
    You really think the USA is the only place in the whole world where people have the freedom to make whatever movie they want?

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Wannabebig New Member
    Mix sorry bro but I already know some coward libs that saw that I'm friends with and when they started telling me about it it was exactly like I said . His view point , running down the US . He can have his viewpoint , yes he can ,but dont try to make me swallow the pill of " truth " in his movie .

I saw his other ones in case you didnt read that ,and it's the same garbage .

Limbaugh and Hannity are one sided too ... I've read so much on 9/11 and why it happened to make me "think" . Moore has nothing intelligent or constructive to add to it .

Now I want to see it just to come back and tell you where that fat buffoon is off the mark .

not literally.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

unemployed college grad jimlynch11's Avatar
    Regardless of your political viewpoint, I think it's valuable to be exposed to extreme opinions of others from time to time, liberal or conservative. For one thing, I think too many people in this country place a blind faith in our government and leaders - something that alot of times I don't believe they deserve (Mix you can probably attest to this, as in my few years in NC it seemed quite prevalent). Looking at issues through Moore's critical lens is good from time to time, because even though it might be extreme it helps paint a more complete picture of the state of our political system/leaders.

Others claim it is "unpatriotic" to not support the nations war effort - but what they don't realize is that it is possible to be against a war but be very much in support of our troops, and I think Moore is a good example of this. I haven't seen the movie, but in what I have seen/heard of him he always comes across as an adamant supporter of the troops and someone who wants them to get home as safely and as quickly as possible - which I think is the most patriotic position to have.

I usually tend to drift towards the center in terms of political opinions, but I can agree with Moore on his dislike of Bush, and while some of his claims in this movie are undoubtedly extreme and unfounded, if it helps the public realize what an idiot Bush is come election time, then that's excellent.
    Last edited by jimlynch11; 06-26-2004 at 11:46 AM.
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 175 lbs.
    Phase: Bulking UP

I wouldn't waste a penny on that douche bag. The film is probably just as deceptive as Bowling for Columbine. Totally a waste of time.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

it is just trying to play on people's emotions, with the camera focusing in on people who are done being interviewed and crying for a few minutes afterwards...blah blah...i will kick myself in the nuts instead if i want to feel sad
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Wannabebig New Member
    I study history and warfare . Libarals claimed to care about troops in vietnam , but their support was one of undermining our troops . Their lack of support for the troops in harms way caused our governmant to not give our soldiers what they needed for victory and less troop casulty rates .

During the war our soldiers were told do not fire on the enemy unless you are fired upon . Now how is that the right way to confront guerilla warfare ? It's not . That policy was a direct result of growing critisism of the war effort .

Spew your crap of supporting our troops by putting down their work and everything they accomplished . Dont sell it to me I aint buying .

Did y'all know that ostriches don't actually put their head into the sand?

So why are you so insistent in doing it yourself?

It's a sad day when people are just unwilling to look at opposing viewpoints, and even worse when they make dumb assumptions about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brawl
    His view point, running down the US.
    There is more falsehood in this one statement than in the whole movie. He doesn't run down the U.S. at all during the movie, just the Bush Administration, and if you can't see the difference, that's sad. Obviously he is trying to make wacky conspiratorial connections between Bush, the bin Ladens, the Taliban, etc. but all of the information is purely factual, unlike, for example, most of the crap that Bush et al. have been telling us for 3 years. Moore didn't make up Bush sitting in the classroom, reading My Pet Goat, for SEVEN minutes after being told that the nation is under attack.

It's funny, I actually don't like Moore that much, but I do enjoy the right wing fury he produces. He is a polemicist, and he makes money by pissing half of the country off. So, as I said, he's quite happy that you're mad.

The film is actually dedicated to all of the people who died in the 9/11 attacks as well as those U.S. soldiers who have died in Iraq since the invasion began.

Doesn't sound so unpatrotic to me.

The fact that his film is causing you to discuss it on the boards (even amongst those of you who have yet to see the film) shows that it works. It would probably be a boring piece of crap if it didn't engender this type of discussion.

As I note in my journal, regardless of your political ideology, you should go see the film if only to become a better informed citizen. Even if you decide to stick to one side of the political divide, go see it anyway so that you can form a more complete picture of the political scene in America. The film is NOT a nuanced or fair depiction of the Bush administration. It doesn't pretend to be a fair depiction. What it is, is a thoughtful, provocative work by someone with a clear-cut agenda. You might not agree with that agenda, you may probably vociferously come out 150% against it. However, you would be doing yourself a vast disservice by not seeing it. Which is better? One rigid viewpoint of the truth, or a more complete and varied set of viewpoints so that you get all angles of a story and from that, determine which set of views you want to hold on to?

If nothing else, if you don't want to spend $10.25 to support Michael Moore and his liberal, communist, left of left-of-center, self-serving, idiotic, moronic, stupid, extremist views, think of it this way: you're spending $10.25 to educate yourself -- perhaps not to broaden your views, but maybe, just maybe you'll get to learn something new.

F 9/11 won't change the believers minds. He didn't set out to make a film that would convert one side or the other to go sit on the other side of the political aisle. In all actuality, what this film may do might in fact persuade the undecideds to go choose which side of the fence to sit on. In any event, they'll get a lot of food for thought.

I saw it at midnight, Wednesday morning. I'll probably see it again tonight if I have time.

Stash
    Last edited by Focused70; 06-26-2004 at 12:23 PM.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles