The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11

manveet, check this out. posted earlier in this thread, pretty damn good reading.
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

Quote Originally Posted by galileo
    I get my news from the Daily Show.
    You're better informed than 98% of America.

Quote Originally Posted by jazer80
    manveet, check this out. posted earlier in this thread, pretty damn good reading.
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

already read it.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Michael Moore is a hypocrit. On his website a couple years ago was how he was going to run for NRA president, but backed out. Yet he talks about melting guns bought legally and petioning Walmart to stop selling bullets.
    I am considering dropping my playboy subscription cause they interviewed him. I am sick of there anti gun bs.

He wanted to be prez for obvious reasons. He is also a member of the NRA so he can go where they are and harass people. But ya, he is a dink.

Check out the movie about him coming out this summer.

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com
    Last edited by IdaMAN; 06-29-2004 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reaver
    I am considering dropping my playboy subscription cause they interviewed him.
    Boobies are far more important than a Michael Moore interview. Think about the boobies, man. The boobies.

I am having moral terpuitude.

hmmm, are we an english major? what's that mean, dictionary.com doesn't seem to know either

mmm... discipline
    Lol, that's okay, I make up words too. Like "bamboozled"
    Last edited by Spartan936; 06-30-2004 at 07:46 PM.

turpitude

Traveshamockery.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    the only good about michael moore is the portrayal of him on madTV. they crack me up.

seriously though, he needs to die. all he ever tries to do is run down the only country that would allow him to make such garbage films. all he is is an overgrown college dropout liberal extremist. maybe he should take some of his precious time to appreciate where he lives. if he is so goddamned genious in the realm of politics, then why doesnt he run for office? cuz he doesnt have the balls to play in the game. he's an idiot.

actually he did run for office, fresh out of high school, he ran for the school board after dropping out and won. read Stupid White Men - he pretty much covers politics and grass-roots activism in it.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Now, wait, this is wrong.

The term "Anti-American" points at someone who goes against the very principles of America. Moore is NOT that person. Moore believes in free speech and questioning the government - both of which are VERY American.

Now an "anti-gun" person believes firmly in gun control and that guns serve no good purpose in the hands of the people. Moore DOES believe that. "Bowling for Columbine" is simply bull**** - all of it.

how did you get Anti-gun out of Bowling for Columbine? when i saw that movie twice - he was pretty much anti-us killing each other - anti-american gun-slinging culture, and anti-charlton heston. but i wouldn't call him anti-gun based on it.

as for all of y'all saying that it's all BS about the Bush family and the Bin Laden family ties......this isn't new information. as long as the Bushes have been in the OPil business they've bene trading with Saudi Princes. why the uproar? (btw - haven't seen the movie yet, aiming to see it this weekend)

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    how did you get Anti-gun out of Bowling for Columbine? when i saw that movie twice - he was pretty much anti-us killing each other - anti-american gun-slinging culture, and anti-charlton heston. but i wouldn't call him anti-gun based on it.

as for all of y'all saying that it's all BS about the Bush family and the Bin Laden family ties......this isn't new information. as long as the Bushes have been in the OPil business they've bene trading with Saudi Princes. why the uproar? (btw - haven't seen the movie yet, aiming to see it this weekend)
    Moore has said many times that he doesn't feel that the average citizen needs to own a gun. He also has said he doesn't feel that they should be able to own a gun - typical of the hypocrisy we find in ALMOST ALL politics. The "do as I say and not as I do" mantra. He consistently talks about how the average guy is smart enough to have a place in deciding huge ordeals such as the Iraq War (i.e. - democracy), yet he doesn't feel that the average citizen is smart enough to be able to defend themselves.

Therein lies the failure of his mindset - and it's the failure of so many mindsets - one is only "smart enough to make a decision" if they totally agree with him, including the paradoxical logic.

---

As much as I disagree with many people on this site, I try very hard to never dismiss them as ignorant or incapable of forming an opinion based SOLELY on what that opinion may be. Even racists get that extension - based solely on the arrival of their thought, I will not call them ignorant. Now, how they actually argue their point may earn them that title.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

[QUOTE=Gyno Rhino] He consistently talks about how the average guy is smart enough to have a place in deciding huge ordeals such as the Iraq War (i.e. - democracy), yet he doesn't feel that the average citizen is smart enough to be able to defend themselves.

[QUOTE]

good point

i see what your saying glen. and that is a good point as Jazer pointed out.

I really enjoyed Moore's Roger and Me. It was a good film and exposed a lot of what is wrong with corporate culture and greed in America. I was less impressed with his heavy handed direction and outright emotional manipulations in Bowling For Columbine. From what I'm hearing about Fahrenheit/911 he has gotten a lot worse. It would seem that his schtik is getting old and worn out. Too bad. The left could use a good strong voice to oppose right wing greed and materialism. That voice is definitely not going to be Moore's.

melt
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

he is a strong voice for the left in some misinformed people's eyes, which sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    actually he did run for office, fresh out of high school, he ran for the school board after dropping out and won.
    He's a joke. He's from Davison Highschool, a school in the Big Nine Conference in Genesesee County, MI.

He was a complete a** in that little sh*t town back then, and still is now. All he ever did as an 18 year old at School Board meetings was stand his fat a** up and raise insignificant points and all sorts of baloney in order to raise havoc and cause problems. He didn't instigate any intelligent dialogue, nor did he energize any recognized social activity.

He's a big fat bum, period.

He made "Canadian Bacon", and "Roger & Me", the latter of which is full of lies & deceit. I guess that formed a preamble to the rest of his film career.

The guy stands in front of Flint, MI, and proclaims these giant houses as being in Birmingham, MI (or whichever rich city it was) as if there isn't a soul with any well being in Flint.

Michael Moore, to this very day, still doesn't understand that working is a *priveledge*, and NOT a "right". But hey.....keep on making him rich.

haha i can just picture that at his HS meetings

Banned
    Finally saw the movie this weekend while I was in Cambridge MA.

It was interesting.

I just came back from seeing Control Room. It leaves you feeling duped, sad, angry, and less trusting of the media- much like Moore's movie, but in a much less manipulative manner. I'd recommend this movie to anyone who's willing to see a different side of things.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

what is control room about? is it in major theatres ?

It's a documentary about the Al Jazeera news channel during the war in Iraq. It was a complete eye-opener for me and the guys I went to watch it with.

I'd recommend it 10 times over seeing Fahrenheit 911. It's not on general release across the US. Here's a link with the screening info: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/s...d.php?t=325021
    Last edited by aidano; 07-06-2004 at 10:53 AM.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

no showings til the 16th, but def gonna check that out when it comes around. tahnks for the heads up