The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11

Hybrid View

Fahrenheit 9/11

Saw it last night. Wow. Great film.

I don't think it will change a single person's mind.

Discuss.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i don't like to see one sided political films...i didn't see passion of the christ either...

maybe a fair balanced film would interest me more...
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGberg
    i don't like to see one sided political films...i didn't see passion of the christ either...

That is seriously senseless comparison........

I am eagerly awayting for a chance to see it too.

Quote Originally Posted by restless
    That is seriously senseless comparison........

I am eagerly awayting for a chance to see it too.
    I think it's an apt comparison. However, saying that you don't want to see something because it prevents a strong viewpoint is a little silly. If all you want to see is moderation, well, life will be pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGberg

How can you compare one-sided political ranting and a work of fiction?

A documentary and a fable. Big difference.

melt
    Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one.

There are three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Banned
    Dying to see it.

Anybody seen Control Room yet? It looks interesting. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's a documentary about the Al Jazeera tv channel during the war in Iraq, contrasted with US media sources.

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by aidano
    Anybody seen Control Room yet? It looks interesting. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's a documentary about the Al Jazeera tv channel during the war in Iraq, contrasted with US media sources.
    That would cool to watch. Nothing chaps Bush's ass more than Al Jazeera.

As far as 9/11 goes, I'll wait for the DVD to come out. I want to see it, but I'd rather watch it at home.
    Last edited by Max-Mex; 06-26-2004 at 11:05 AM.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

I saw Michael Moore on The CBS morning show yesterday. The gal interviewing him looked like a fool getting all upset when he mentioned the news people have a responsibility to uncover the truth. If I was the program director, I would have her interviewing the BBQ blurb from now on. Plan to see his movie today

Wannabebig New Member
    I want to see it to be informed on Michael Moore and left wing morons like him but at the same time I dont want to put money in his pocket .

I saw his other films and interviews and he has absolutely no objectivity on politics and Bush . He has an adgenda and that is what you see . There might be something in his film worth seeing but it gets boring watching his rants for 2 hours .

He is the same as the right wing morons he rants about ...
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Quote Originally Posted by Brawl
    I saw his other films and interviews and he has absolutely no objectivity on politics and Bush . He has an adgenda and that is what you see . There might be something in his film worth seeing but it gets boring watching his rants for 2 hours.
    1) Holy crap! You mean someone who makes a film might have a strong opinion on something??? Oh my god. Section 4, subchapter 7 of the thought police code requires all films to be Fair and Balanced, just like Limbaugh and Hannity.

2) This movie is nothing like his other films. There is no ranting at all. Indeed, there is very little Moore at all. Not much on screen time, just a few interviews, and not much voice over.

3) See the film. It will make you think. That's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash

3) See the film. It will make you think. That's not a bad thing.
    I'm betting it will make me think of a better way I could have spent my 10 dollars on the ticket.

honestly, this movie is for conspiracy theorists and college professors who try to persuade stupid college kids.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Eh, I don't want to support that fatass Moore.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Wannabebig New Member
    Did anyone read his interview in Playboy? he was talking about how we are morons since we cant catch Bin Laden .

He said he would have the Israelis find him .
    That statement alone shows how stupid he is . The whole middle east would be at war and us in the middle of it if we sent in the Israelis ... what a buffoon .
    Give me your broken , give me your beaten ... I will build them up , I will lead them ... to the threshhold . Make you stronger , make you believe .

Quote Originally Posted by Brawl
    Did anyone read his interview in Playboy? he was talking about how we are morons since we cant catch Bin Laden .

He said he would have the Israelis find him .
    That statement alone shows how stupid he is . The whole middle east would be at war and us in the middle of it if we sent in the Israelis ... what a buffoon .
    Wow, some people really do read Playboy for the articles, lol.

I don't know, I didn't read the article, but I'll assume he meant using the Israeli intelligence services, which is one of the best in the world. The Israelis know how to operate in the region without getting caught. That's not to say that they could find Osama any better than we could. The man is holed up in the mountains and unless someone rats him out or we just happen to stumble upon him, I don't think we will have much chance of finding him.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenEric
    I saw Michael Moore on The CBS morning show yesterday. The gal interviewing him looked like a fool getting all upset when he mentioned the news people have a responsibility to uncover the truth. If I was the program director, I would have her interviewing the BBQ blurb from now on. Plan to see his movie today
    I saw that interview as well. That was Hannah Storm, remember she used to be a sportscaster for NBC. She was obviously offended by his comments and totally let the interview get out of hand. CBS' morning show is not all that great to begin with though.

I agree that this movie shouldn't be called a documentary. It is obvious propaganda. I will go see it though. I like to hear both sides of an argument and then make up my own mind.

Oh, the movie made $8 million on it's first day alone! So far it is the top movie of the weekend, it's beating "White Chicks" even though it in less that 1/3 of the theaters.
    Last edited by TBone4Eva; 06-26-2004 at 06:20 PM.
    The half-million citizens of the District of Columbia, like citizens of the fifty states, bear all of the obligations of American citizenship: they are required to obey the laws passed by Congress; they pay federal taxes; they serve in the military; and they fight and die in our wars. Yet they lack the most basic right that should accompany American citizenship—the right to full voting representation in Congress. This makes the United States the only nation in the world with a representative, democratic constitution that denies citizens of its capital representation in the national legislature. In fact, no fewer than 183 nations provide their citizens the type of representation citizens of Washington, DC are denied.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone4Eva
    I agree that this movie shouldn't be called a documentary. It is obvious propaganda. I will go see it though. I like to hear both sides of an argument and then make up my own mind.
    Thank you.

That's all I really am asking for.

That people see it, for the express purpose of being more informed.

As for my own views, well to be fair, Mr. Moore presents a story that seems a bit far-fetched...and there really isn't a smoking gun per se, that we can use as a good indicator of this administration's true intentions. There isn't anything as tangible as the Nixon tapes; there is no Saturday night massacre; there was no Watergate break-in.

On the other hand, I won't deny that I got my jollies from seeing George W. "watch this drive" Bush and his cabinet cronies skewered for two hours on the silver screen.

Mr. Moore says that Democrats do not escape the lens in this film, and that when they return to power, they will return to the front of his lens.

I look forward to the sequel.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

I was against the invasion of Iraq before we went in
    and continue to be so. But Moore is just an opportunist-
    provocateur, and much of what he presents is so out of
    context or distorted, it is misleading to say the least.

His level of political discourse does not help our country.

Why should I support him financially?

the only good about michael moore is the portrayal of him on madTV. they crack me up.

seriously though, he needs to die. all he ever tries to do is run down the only country that would allow him to make such garbage films. all he is is an overgrown college dropout liberal extremist. maybe he should take some of his precious time to appreciate where he lives. if he is so goddamned genious in the realm of politics, then why doesnt he run for office? cuz he doesnt have the balls to play in the game. he's an idiot.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    the only good about michael moore is the portrayal of him on madTV. they crack me up.

seriously though, he needs to die. all he ever tries to do is run down the only country that would allow him to make such garbage films. all he is is an overgrown college dropout liberal extremist. maybe he should take some of his precious time to appreciate where he lives. if he is so goddamned genious in the realm of politics, then why doesnt he run for office? cuz he doesnt have the balls to play in the game. he's an idiot.
    Well, the above quote shows how effective he is. Your anger is his goal. He wins.

all he ever tries to do is run down the only country that would allow him to make such garbage films.
    You really think the USA is the only place in the whole world where people have the freedom to make whatever movie they want?

People wonder why I call myself Mr. T. One dude asked, 'does the T stand for tough?' I said no. Another dude asked if the T stands for my last name, Tureaud. No it does not. The 'T' in Mr. T stands for tuna. T loves tuna.

actually he did run for office, fresh out of high school, he ran for the school board after dropping out and won. read Stupid White Men - he pretty much covers politics and grass-roots activism in it.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    actually he did run for office, fresh out of high school, he ran for the school board after dropping out and won.
    He's a joke. He's from Davison Highschool, a school in the Big Nine Conference in Genesesee County, MI.

He was a complete a** in that little sh*t town back then, and still is now. All he ever did as an 18 year old at School Board meetings was stand his fat a** up and raise insignificant points and all sorts of baloney in order to raise havoc and cause problems. He didn't instigate any intelligent dialogue, nor did he energize any recognized social activity.

He's a big fat bum, period.

He made "Canadian Bacon", and "Roger & Me", the latter of which is full of lies & deceit. I guess that formed a preamble to the rest of his film career.

The guy stands in front of Flint, MI, and proclaims these giant houses as being in Birmingham, MI (or whichever rich city it was) as if there isn't a soul with any well being in Flint.

Michael Moore, to this very day, still doesn't understand that working is a *priveledge*, and NOT a "right". But hey.....keep on making him rich.

lol yes, he now has control over my emotions, damn him.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Wannabebig New Member
    Mix sorry bro but I already know some coward libs that saw that I'm friends with and when they started telling me about it it was exactly like I said . His view point , running down the US . He can have his viewpoint , yes he can ,but dont try to make me swallow the pill of " truth " in his movie .

I saw his other ones in case you didnt read that ,and it's the same garbage .

Limbaugh and Hannity are one sided too ... I've read so much on 9/11 and why it happened to make me "think" . Moore has nothing intelligent or constructive to add to it .

Now I want to see it just to come back and tell you where that fat buffoon is off the mark .

not literally.

6'2"
    273 lbs.