The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

How much should I weigh to start bulking??

Very vague question...but right now i weigh about 175 pounds, and im only 5'5, and 18 years old. When i tested my BF percentage i was a 19.6%. Im dieting all summer, doing general fitness in the gym to lose weight. I lose an average of 2-4 pounds a week...so im trying to get rid of fat before i start bulking again. I want to start fresh, i want to start thin. I learned a whole lot from all of u, including people in the gym i talk to, so last year i never really did a whole lot right, thats why i gained back lots of fat. But now i know much more, so i want to start thin with not a lot of fat, so that i know im gaining back lean muscle, not fat....so my question is, what do YOU think i should weigh to start bulking? What should my goal be? I am at 175 now, my goal is to get down to 155....but some people tell me 140 to start bulking, some say 155 is fine, some say 145...hell, one person said 135. Im dieting until September 4th, which is when i leave for college...But if i lose enough wait to get down to a "starting bulking" weight....ill start bulking even in August, if i lose enough...so, what do u all think is a good STARTING weight for me???

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

cut till you see your abs which is usually 10% or less

mmm... discipline
    Yeah, get your body fat down to around 10%, then start a clean bulk. Research everything you can get your hands on. Sounds like you're losing fat the right way though, a couple pounds every week. Good luck!
    Last edited by Spartan936; 06-27-2004 at 08:13 PM.