The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Cardio While Recovering from Overtraining?

Hey guys,
    Been dieting seriously for a while now. Lost 60lbs. in 7 months. My extreme dieting coupled w/ my high volume training has caused me to enter a state of extreme over training. My lifts have suffered so bad its not even funny, I get hardly any sleep and naps are impossible, and I always feel run down. I am going to take 2 weeks off from weightlifting to try to recover. Would it be okay to still do cardio to keep losing weight during my two weeks off from training? I do about five 30 minute sessions a week. Opinions?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

In my opinon, you should just do nothing and eat at maint. cals for those two weeks.

I agree.

I'd say cut down but not completely out. Maybe max 3 sessions.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

I wannabebig!
    id say complete rest!

This dosnt seem to be a case of "i think i might be overtaining, my lifts are on a slide"...this seems to be your body telling you in no uncertain terms that you have overtrained and its not happy.

Eat at maintenance (i would actually be tempted to eat perhaps at maintenance +10%) so your body and nervous system have what they need to recover nutrients wise. Rest. Dont go running unless you go stir crazy. At least rest for one full week...then see how you feel about jogging in week 2.. You need a break dude.

When you are recovered, hit it hard again, but with less volume and take care not to under eat too much. I know you are trying to lose fat but if you go at it too fast this can be the result. Slow and steady wins the race.

Augs

Maybe do some fun active stuff, but I agree with the above that I wouldn't do anything structured for at least a week.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.