The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Delphi Fusion

Boring old chicken

How do you spice up your chicken?

I've tried salsa but after a while I gets just as boring as plain chicken. uumm, fillet tower burger. No, no stop that! PROCESSED!

Seriosly plain wholesome chicken how do you cook it, what with?
    "You see what power is - holding someone else's fear in your hand and showing it to them!"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Chicken wraps are the best. I never get tired of them. I make mine just like they do at KFC, less fattening of course.

Marinated heavily and eaten straight off the barbeque, I dont think I'll ever get bored with it.

Try cooking it topped with that barbacue sauce that is sweetened with Splenda. It's pretty good stuff and very little sugar.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

fat all my life=Help me
    I cut mine up and stir fry it with minimal olive oil! its so good this way! sometimes i add the atkins BBQ or the atkins teryiaki ! yummm

Get yourself some fresh herbs and a handful of spices, and you're all set. For example, get a handful of basil, a handful of coriander and chop it all up. Crush a tablespoon of corainder seeds and mix that in with the herbs, then squeeze in the juice from a lemon. Rub that all over some chicken breasts and grill or griddle it.

Or mix up some rosemary, garlic, lemon peel and lemon juice with some olive oil and marinade the meat for half an hour or so.

Or make a cajun coating with paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, onion flakes and oregano.

Seriously, it might sound a bit girly or whatever, but grow yourself a handful of fresh herbs - all you need is a windowbox or a small area of garden. It'll cost you maybe a tenner from a garden center for half a dozen herbs - say thyme, rosemary, basil, coriander, parsley and mint. Then just water them every day or so, and after a couple of weeks they'll be established enough that you can use them regularly and they'll grow back. Get a few spices as well - they keep forever - and you're all sorted. There's loads of mixtures you can use to make marinades or dry rubs, it takes about a minute, tastes gorgeous and you're generally not drowning the meat in fats.

If you want to eat relatively clean, and want to eat a lot of meat without getting bored, then herbs and spices are about the best thing you can invest in - they'll make food a hundred times nicer to eat, without adding anything unhealthy to the meal or increasing its fat or sodium content.
    Last edited by Aspect; 06-29-2004 at 06:13 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect
    Seriously, it might sound a bit girly or whatever, but grow yourself a handful of fresh herbs - all you need is a windowbox or a small area of garden. It'll cost you maybe a tenner from a garden center for half a dozen herbs - say thyme, rosemary, basil, coriander, parsley and mint. Then just water them every day or so, and after a couple of weeks they'll be established enough that you can use them regularly and they'll grow back. Get a few spices as well - they keep forever - and you're all sorted. There's loads of mixtures you can use to make marinades or dry rubs, it takes about a minute, tastes gorgeous and you're generally not drowning the meat in fats.
    Girly?

Nah, that's just CIVILIZED.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaMAN
    Chicken wraps are the best. I never get tired of them. I make mine just like they do at KFC, less fattening of course.
    how do you prepare it ? i loved those but forced myself to stay away from kfc once i cleaned up my diet . arent tortillas hella fattening anyhow ?

I eat mine bone dry
    I consider it a practice of patience...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizotch
    how do you prepare it ? i loved those but forced myself to stay away from kfc once i cleaned up my diet . arent tortillas hella fattening anyhow ?
    I use chicken strips and add tomato lettus pepper and a touch of mayo or pepper corn salad dressing ( very very little just for taste). All wrapped in a tortilla. I can live off of these things and I never get sick of them. They are cheap to make as well.

1 tortilla is 65 calories

The same as a slice of white bread and 5 less then a slice of whole wheat.

Damn, now I am hungry lol.
    Last edited by IdaMAN; 06-29-2004 at 10:01 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    I eat mine bone dry
    I consider it a practice of patience...
    No wonder you claimed that restaurant chicken tastes so much better in that other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vido
    No wonder you claimed that restaurant chicken tastes so much better in that other thread.
    I was claiming that Wendy's chicken tastes better
    Wendy's chicken> all other chicken recipies

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Quote Originally Posted by IdaMAN
    I use chicken strips and add tomato lettus pepper and a touch of mayo or pepper corn salad dressing ( very very little just for taste). All wrapped in a tortilla. I can live off of these things and I never get sick of them. They are cheap to make as well.

1 tortilla is 65 calories

The same as a slice of white bread and 5 less then a slice of whole wheat.
    if it's a whole grain wrap you cant to much better than that

I dip my boneless skinless in BBQ sauce
    Last edited by Holto; 06-29-2004 at 11:39 AM.

just blend it with milk, and its all over in the blink of an eye

CHICKEN TERIYAKI

bonless chicken strips in pan with nonstick cookig spray add bell pepers tomatoes or onions then add some teriakyi sause and some brown sugar and for an extra spice add soem hott sause and damnnnnnnnn sweet and spicy the best out there
    Bench 235 6 reps squats 415 8 reps barbell curls 120 rep 6 shoulder press 150lb 6
    shoulder press barbell 150 rep 6
    CUTTING stage 1 week
    before BW: 187 current BW:184
    before BF:20 current:20

MY PICS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../angelito2.jpg

Delphi Fusion
    some good ideas, i'll get trying some
    "You see what power is - holding someone else's fear in your hand and showing it to them!"

lemon chicken - get a lemon and split it into 4, squeeze most of the juice out and marinate the chicken with it. put the chicken, extra juice and the lemon pieces in a ziplock bag for about an hour. then take everything out, put it on a tray and bung it in the oven for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffgarcia
    I was claiming that Wendy's chicken tastes better
    Wendy's chicken> all other chicken recipies

No way man. I'll put my plain old chicken breasts grilled up against ANY fast food chicken. Let me throw in some rubs and/or marinades, and I'll go up against any restaurant - and so will my wife. ;-)
    if I had to pick the 4 main influences on my physique, they would be:

heavy metal music, raw oatmeal, plain tuna, and whey.

Wannabebig Member
    I put my chicken inside a ziplock bag and freeze it. However, I always make sure to put some different spices or sauces inside the bag with the chicken.