Thread: ideas for a software

Wannabebig Member

ideas for a software

Hi.
    I was planning to make a free software aimed on the bodybuilding community,and i need a couple of ideas on what kind of software you need,other than calorie counters..because that sort of stuff is already available..and i want something new.Here are my ideas so far:

- Using an animated screen character(also called as an office assistant by some people) as the main character in the software..he/she would talk to you and assist you,and would try to act like a personal training coach
    -Making an all-in-all software that would help you track your results..more like a journal other than the fact that here you'll provide only the important stuff..like what excercises you did in the day,number of reps,and at the end of a week your progress.the animated character will help you with all this,and give you suggestions based on your results.And you could view what excercises you did and food you ate just by providing the date or clicking a button.The animated character would serve to make it all fun

Well..thats what i've though of so far.Please let me know what kind of software you will need/want that would help you with your body building venture.Feel free to provide suggestions on improving the idea,and any suggestions on what sort of animated character i should create (for now its some sexy girl..because most of us are guys and we'd like to have a girl to be our personal coach rather than a guy wont we ,well thats my personal opinion so dont care much about it and tell me what YOU want
    My stats:
    Height: 5"7.5
    Weight: ....Reduced from 80 kg to 73 kg..tell me how much more I should lose

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Have an online community based around blogs... where people post their journals workout routines and what ever else they want. This makes peopel intrested by reading other peoples stuff and the person gets to archive all their workout stuff... I would really like that but I am to lazy to code something like that...
    w00t

Pimpology Professor
    GP frm VN???

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Vn?
    w00t

Wannabebig Member
    good idea,GonePostal.I'll definitely use it as an extra feature to the website.
    What is GP and VN?
    My stats:

make the female personal trainer/coach tell me how sexy i am getting......the more my maxes improve, the more clothes she takes off........just a thought
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Wannabebig Member
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
    nice suggestion i added it to the list.
    Any more suggestions?
    My stats:

Make it so you input all your stats and diet and it comes up with the best possible routine or the best 2 or 3 routines that will show results. Have noob advanced and pro levels.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks.Added it,too.
    My stats:

Wannabebig Member
    anyone else got any suggestions?please feel free to add them.I'm still looking for your feedback....
    My stats:

One thing I like knowing is my bodyweight to weight ratio. For example, if I weigh 175 and press 255 for 6, then 265 for 6 - that's 1.46/1.51 respectively. Kind of shows how strong I am.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a progress line chart. Imagine seeing a chart from when you started up till now. One line for bodyweight, the other for exercise weight.

Just my .02

http://www.hollowmedia.com/bodycomp04.zip

You can rip me off and add a One Rep Max calculat0r and bodyfat estimat0r.

When entering your daily foods consumed, allow a feature that you can simply copy anothers day's food rather than reentering everything or else have a template fo the foods you eat consistantly and you simply tick off from the template which foods you had that day.

Quote Originally Posted by ftotti10
    When entering your daily foods consumed, allow a feature that you can simply copy anothers day's food rather than reentering everything or else have a template fo the foods you eat consistantly and you simply tick off from the template which foods you had that day.
    dietOrganizer does both of those things...
    it has a free 10 day trial, I highly recommend u try it, I've tried fitday and thought it sucked in comparison (even the downloadable version sucked)
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 06-30-2004 at 08:28 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Wow..thats some great feedback!
    Thank you really much guys.
    Of course I'm still looking for feedback.The more the better
    My stats: