Thread: I'm Starting A Clean Bulk In The Next Couple Weeks.....

bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar

I'm Starting A Clean Bulk In The Next Couple Weeks.....

It will be my first real bulk. I am currently 170 pounds @ around 11-12% BF. I am gonna bulk until I'm at least 190, possibly 200. I will be eating clean but eating a lot. Also I will be using creatine for the first time.

How much muscle mass should I expect to gain if I handle this bulk right? My arms are currently 14.5 inches. How much could I expect to gain and how terrible should I expect fat gain to be?
    Current Stats

24 years old

5'10 220 pounds

Waist: 38 Shoulders 56 Chest: 47 Arms (cold): 17.5 Forearms: 13.5 Quads: 26.5 Calves: 16.5 Neck: 17.5

PR's

BB Bench: 315 @ 215
    Squats: 410 @ 205 (last winter)
    Deads 515 @ 214
    Total: 1240

My Journal:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...&page=16&pp=25

My AIM: MSOLOIST

Intensity: Lunch comes up! And breakfast! MET- Rx! Egg whites! Hot Stuff! Designer Whey! Yohimbe! Coenzyme Q! L-Carnatine. MTCs. OKG. All immersed in a mixture of stomach acids that peels the ivory off your teeth.

That's a pretty tough question to answer.

We all gain at different rates, so you'll have to experiment and see what works best for you. There is no way to estimate how fat you will get.

My best guess is that if you are trying to limit your fat gain, it will take the better part of a year to put on 20 pounds of muscle. If you are willing to gain bodyweight faster (read: get fatter), then you can probably add more muscle faster, but then you'll have to diet to get rid of the bodyfat.

A solid 20 pounds will take your arm to 15.5 to 16 inches or so.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 06-29-2004 at 07:20 AM.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    That's a pretty tough question to answer.

We all gain at different rates, so you'll have to experiment and see what works best for you. There is no way to estimate how fat you will get.

My best guess is that if you are trying to limit your fat gain, it will take the better part of a year to put on 20 pounds of muscle. If you are willing to gain bodyweight faster (read: get fatter), then you can probably add more muscle faster, but then you'll have to diet to get rid of the bodyfat.

A solid 20 pounds will take your arm to 15.5 to 16 inches or so.

Thanks man. I don't mind putting on some body fat but I don't want to get silly with it. I'm going to be eating very clean, but a lot. Somewhere around 3000-3200 calories everyday. I will probably cheat a little every week or two. But it won't be bad cheating. I'm gonna have to come back and get some more help with this since it's my first real bulk but I was curious as to what I could expect.

Thanks

Just wondering. How long does bulking should last?

Bulking should involve pizza, beer, and cheeseburgers!
    ...whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government,...

pizza and berr for sure.... I dont eat red meat though

Quote Originally Posted by PYRO
    Just wondering. How long does bulking should last?
    As long as you want it to. There is not set limit.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300