Thread: Tazern's online progress chart

Tazern's online progress chart

I got bored at work a few weeks back so i put my workouts from this year into excel. I went through and put down the heaviest weight for each exercise i did that day, how many i did them, and in what order.

I wanted to do this so that i could do a quick check to see what my max/heaviest weight i have lifted for different exercises (always to failure). I also use it for when i do a new routine. If i know i want to hit failure in a certain rep range, its a heck of alot easier looking through this instead of the workout book.

I still write everything down in the workout book to keep track of the routine's. But i do find this handy. Feel free to use it if ya like. Its not fancy, (seeing as how i had to put the # of reps as a decimal to in the weight column to get a better sort but it works for me.

If ya want to know the different routines/goals i was going for for cetain times let me know and i will write out fully what i did.

I will update once and a while.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Going to start adding in more cardio this week. Should not effect the weights that much. I know its weird to try to trim down during winter, but with xmas coming up i know lobster and candy will not help the gut get any smaller...

The week is over (except for todays cardio). The weights felt great and only missed getting my squats for the week by 2 reps.

Got a digital camera and acutally took a few pics. Dont know bout most of ya that have done this, but it made me slightly depressed. Hard to pic the guy in those pics can lift the way he can, go to the gym all the time, and look like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good arms dude, but i think you got a little something on your face...
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

rats, i was hoping no-one would notice that blemish....

Started the new routine and diet this week. The diet will take a bit to nail down so i am giving myself this week to try to get it balanced.

Cardio: start off light as well so i can build on it each week. Try for 2 15-20min sessions per day.

Weights:
    Monday: abs and arms
    Tuesday: chest and traps
    Weds: back
    Thurs: legs and shoulders
    Friday: abs and arms

Will be starting off light and aiming for 2-3 exercises per muscle group with 2 sets and an aim for 12 rep range. Except for abs which will always go for failure.

Each week i will add a set.

Next week i will update each day.
    Last edited by Tazern; 10-31-2001 at 05:27 AM.

Had a good leg workout yesterday. I know it was light but got 12 ass to the floor squats with 145lbs. Not bad for never trying to go down that far before.

The diet has been good this week. Keeping the calories to mostle protien and in the 2500/day range. No cheating yet. Tho I can hear the call of Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale...

Just got pinched at the gym (not on the but ) and they currently have two different ways. One gave me a reading of 11% and the other of 16.4%. So i hopped on the scale and i am now 183lbs. I dont really care which one is right, just going to use both as a starting point.

Got laid off on monday, so it will effect my current workout. By next week i should be updating this again. But for now i am just going to the gym to workout to get rid of some major stress (ie no Fing cardio)

figured i should get back into writting into this thing.
    Wont lie, being laid-off really messes up a training scheduel...

Kept my workouts how i wanted them, even kept the main ab workouts going. Only thing that i didn;t do was enough cardio and also a great diet. Not saying that things are not going well, just that i know if i could have the last 2 weeks back i would have done alot more cardio then the 15-20min 2-4 times a week.

This week is the last week in my current gym, will get a pinch test and see how well i have been doing. According to the scale i have lost 4-5lbs.

Did some ass to the floor squats yesterday. Got 225lbs for 2 solid reps after doing 185lbs for 4 for a warmup, then 205lbs for 4.

Good workout this morning. Getting back into the heavy weights after 4-5 weeks of 12-15reps.

Bench press: 225/3 185/7 155/10
    dbell bench: 80/6 85/4 70/6
    Dips: Body/8 Body/8 (not failure)
    rope push down: 50/10 50/8
    dbell shoulder press - 35/8 45/8
    crunches: 42 31 22 22 20 19 15

Also got pinched today. The average of the 2 technices is 12.3 % and i am currently at 180lbs. So i have gotten sone decent progress even tho my diet and cardio was not to the lvl that i truly wanted.

Another day another good workout.

T-bar rows : 125/6 115/7 100/9
    Wide grip pull-ups : 4 (nice and slow with no cheating)
    One arm Dbell rows: 70/6 60/9 60/8
    ez-bar curls: 75/8 80/5 75/5
    dbell curls: 30/7 25/8 25/9
    shrugs: 235/8 255/8 265/8
    side raises(machine): 90/10(not failure) 120/11 120/10

Everything felt great and did 15min of cardio afterwards. I wanted to do more (or at least wanted to force myself to do more), but i have to save some energy for hockey tonight. Going against one of the best teams in the league and i know i am going to be peppered with shots.